Integration Engineer DV
Posted on Nov 7, 2022 by CBS butler
+ 6 Month Contract
+ £600 - £650 Inside IR35
+ Must hold DV Security Clearance
+ Must be sole UK National
+ Hampshire on site
We are looking for an Integration Engineer to work within a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to find better, faster, more effective ways of support and add value to the projects you are working on. This is a fast-paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability. The role will involve; you will responsible for the design, creation, testing and documenting of new and amended programs from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards. The provision of application maintenance and support services, either directly to users of the applications or to service delivery functions.
* Possessing excellent Scripting skills in Powershell and Python, this role will be responsible for taking product configuration design, and packaging it - enabling the re-deployment of one or more software packages in an automated and verifiable way.
* The successful candidate will work as part of a multi skilled agile team, where teamwork is paramount. The role will be challenging and varied, where cross training is expected and challenges shared.
* The successful candidate will have the responsibility of owning the delivery of a work package from design, through prototyping, ensuring the work package meets functional and non-functional requirements. The skills necessary to troubleshoot and problem solve. The candidate will script repeatable unit tests to exercise functionality, which will account for desired and undesired outcomes.
* The candidate will continue to support the work package through user piloting and into production, and will continue to be on hand to provide early life support, as well as creating and maintaining support and design documentation to assist users and support personnel in maintaining the work package throughout its life.
* The candidate will be responsible for the delivery of ongoing change to the work package, in response to evolving user requirements.
* Candidates must an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows systems administration within an enterprise environment - delivery of configuration change via GPO, Registry, Filesystem, Powershell cmdlets or, WMI, as well as Windows Update and patching mechanisms, including Windows Installer.
Desirable - Experience across technologies such as:
* Experience in the development and delivery of software using Agile Methodologies
* Active Directory, PKI, VMWare virtualisation, Windows Server 2019 and the creation of gold builds, System hardening (GPOs etc.), Nexus configuration repositories,
* PowerShell and Python for Scripting, automation or test creation,
* configuration and automation using Ansible, Terraform.
* Automated test execution using Robot framework.