Microsoft Deployment SME (SC Cleared)
Posted on Nov 7, 2022 by Specialist Computer Centres PLC
Our client, a leading global supplier for IT services requires a Microsoft Deployment SME (SC Cleared) based at their client's offices in Barnwood/Warrington .
You may be able to work some days remotely (Should be ready to work in out of hours based on project requirement; Should be ready for on-call ROTA Basis)
This is a 6months + (minimum) temporary contract to start ASAP.
Day rate: Competitive market rate
We are looking for a Microsoft Deployment SME (SC Cleared) with prior experience in Desktop Engineering, Patch Management, Image Management, Software Deployment:
- Build, test and deploy the corporate desktop image management solution
- Package, test and deploy business software packages and updates to the end-user environment
- Execute inventory management processes of end-user hardware and software assets
- Create Scripting solutions within PowerShell for various administrative needs
- Conduct testing and evaluation of new hardware models
- Participate in standard image development, management, QA testing, and deployment
- Provide support for L2 issue escalations/tickets
- Participate in BAU Operational support and Projects delivery work as instructed by the Line Manager
- Create Powershell scripts
- Application discovery/information gathering as part of packaging
- Build, test and deploy application packages for the desktop and Citrix environments
- The process of release management covering SoE, Application discovery, packaging and deployment
- Prior experience in Desktop Engineering, Patch Management, Image Management, Software Deployment - Essential.
- Excellent knowledge on implementation and management of Microsoft SCCM 2012 R2/Current Branch - Essential.
- Good knowledge on Server and Desktop Operating systems - Essential.
- Good knowledge on OS deployment using MDT, SCCM or any other tools - Essential.
- Basic knowledge on network management - Essential.
- Basic Knowledge on Active Directory. - Essential.
- Good Administration Knowledge on Microsoft System Centre Site Server and distribution point- Essential.
- Sound Knowledge on Software deployment through various tools- Essential.
- Sound Knowledge on imaging administration - Essential.
- Sound knowledge on OS patch management for Server and Desktop OS - Essential.
- Sound knowledge on Application packaging, deployment and troubleshooting. - Essential.
- Possess strong knowledge on OS deployment using MDT, SCCM or any other tools - Essential.
- Possess strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem-solving skills - Essential.
- Possess strong experience in handling issues in Windows OS - Essential.
- Constantly seeks to improve technical knowledge and research new product capabilities - Essential.
- Sharing Global Threat updates with the cross functional teams to create awareness on as and when basis - Essential.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills - Essential.
- Participate and lead, when needed, the project meetings with the customer - Essential.
- Microsoft Deployment SME will be responsible for creation of application packages for Citrix and desktop environments, Patch and Image management, Software deployment.
- Should possess basic knowledge in networking and AD administration.
- The right candidate would have an aptitude to prioritize and execute tasks independently without escalations in a high-pressure environment
- Should manage the large application/OS deployment.
- Security Clearance (SC) Mandatory
- Powershell Scripting
- Should have valid UK SC Clearance
- Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being part of the team, unit, and/or the organization. Is able to provide informative and quantifiable information so that accurate decision making can be taken in a timely manner;
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions and probes all fruitful sources for answers. Can see hidden problems and is excellent at detailed analysis by looking beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answer;
- Able to learn new skills quickly and is adept at learning new industry skills and competencies via various methods, including research and attendance at technical courses and seminars etc.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
- Establish and maintain excellent relationship with customer stakeholders and develop processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness for the client as an on-going basis;
- With Line Manager/Senior Stakeholders
- Maintain regular contact with Line Manager/Senior Stakeholders to update and appraise them on critical business issues and data points;
With Offshore Teams
- Maintain regular contact with required Offshore teams as and when required to update them on current issues and decisions, seeking support for issues that affect the success of the contracts on-going deliverables as and when required;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with other business partners, both internal and external, ensuring best practice advice is shared and maximum efficiency achieved;
- Effectively and professionally, communicate regularly with all functional teams and other parts of the company as required in the proper performance of such duties by regularly sharing information and building positive relationships to help achieve business goals and objectives within the account. Building positive relationships with external contacts to maximize efficiency and to represent the business in a professional manner at all times.