Senior Data Engineer - AWS
Posted on Nov 7, 2022 by Databuzz Ltd
Senior Data Engineer - AWS - London - Hybrid - Up To £85,000 per annum
DataBuzz are recruiting on behalf of a prestigious organisation who is looking for Senior Data Engineer - AWS.
As a Senior DataEngineer - AWS, you will be expected to lead the creation of the new platform, working with the rest of the Global Tech team and users.
As a Senior DataEngineer - AWS, you will be expected to research and learn, happy to work independently, enjoys problem-solving.
As a Senior DataEngineer - AWS, you will be expected to get to the bottom of a problem, pays attention to the details, and ensures high-quality.
As a Senior DataEngineer - AWS, you will be expected to have good experience of AWS data lake and AWS warehouse services.
As a Senior DataEngineer - AWS, you will be expected to have good experience of AWS Redshift.
- Explore, prototype, and implement the technologies needed to create a data platform.
- Design/develop/test data pipelines to integrate data from various sources into AWS data lake, and to transform data within the warehouse.
- Design and implement data warehouse models and marts to structure data for analysis purposes.
- Deploy BI/analytics tools over the data warehouse, for analysts to develop dashboards and reports.
- Collaborate with a globally-distributed team of developers, analysts, and power users to get the most out of the data.
Experiences & Skills:
- Data engineering: Experience of designing and implementing data pipelines, integrations, and ETL/ELT between a variety of types of sources and targets.
- Design: Experience of architecting data lake and warehouse structures, and modelling data for analysis purposes.
- Data manipulation: Experience of working with a variety of data formats (eg XML, JSON, CSV, Parquet, Avro, etc.) and perform basic analysis/manipulation. High proficiency in relational databases (ie SQL), particularly MS SQL Server and AWS Redshift.
- Large data sets: Experience of working with multi-million or billion-row datasets, and the associated challenges and best practices.
- Technologies: Experience of the AWS data lake and warehouse services (eg Glue, Athena, Redshift) and as is experience of BI platforms like Metabase, Apache Superset, and Redash.
As a Senior Data Engineer - AWS you will earn a competitive salary to (£85k) plus benefits.
Apply now to find out more about this Senior Data Engineer - AWS opportunity.