C++/C# Software Engineer
Posted on Nov 7, 2022 by Advantage Resourcing
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage and Bristol (this role can be Home based with time spent onsite if project dependant) is currently looking to recruit a C++/C# Software Engineer subcontractor on an initial 12 month contract. This role is being recruited out of the Companies site in Bristol and Stevenage
Hourly Rate: £65.00ph
Contract Duration: 12 Months (initially and then very much long-term thereafter)
Security Information: Please Note you must be eligible for SC Security Clearance (unfortunately due to security restrictions for this role, the candidate will need to be a British National with no dual nationality and must have resided in the UK for at least 4 of the past 5 years).
C++/C# Software Engineer Job Description
WSSE are integral in the development of weapon systems and system architectures, and as a result we have developed a capability supporting developments across the full product life cycle.
The team integrate real products, models and synthetic environments to provide visualisations, demonstrations, verification & validation as well as training capability and support.
- You will be part of a team, delivering innovative solutions whilst utilising the latest technologies.
- Working with Project Leads and Simulation Architects to design and develop software components as an end to end representation of a weapon System in a Synthetic Environment using C#, C++.
- You will work as part of a heterogeneous agile development team, made up of mixed discipline engineers working in synergy to develop synthetic environments.
- To follow WSSE's agreed approach to software development including
- Configuration control
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery or Deployment
- Unit testing and test driven development.
- Proficient in C#/C++/Java
- Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse
- Ability to work from high level/system view into technical detail.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- Real Time Software
- Datalinks and Interfaces such as 1553/1760 and Ethernet TCP/IP
- Practical knowledge of System integration principles and processes