DevOps Engineer (Azure DevOps - Windows Server) BANKING BRUSSELS
Posted on Nov 7, 2022 by Appella Recruitment
DevOps Engineer (Azure DevOps - Windows Server) BANKING BRUSSELS AS WELL AS OTHER EU LOCATIONS
The Integration Open System (IOS) Team ensures the transition of Windows and Linux applications into the production environment according to corporate Standards and segregation of duty:
- We deploy applications within test, pre-production and production environments via a release pipeline definition in Azure DevOps
- Deployments are automated by Release Automation, Out of the box available feature in Azure DevOps, Ansible playbook, PowerShell script
- We implement operation scripts, procedures, and tools.
- We analyse the impacts of a new/modified applications on the production environment.
- We ensure applications can be operated into the production environment in a simple and efficient way.
We organise the scheduling of jobs, processes and tasks into the most efficient sequence, maximising throughput and utilisation to meet business requirements.
- Deployment and Configuration of Windows applications for the test, pre-production and production environments (automated & manual), liaising with the developers, testers and infrastructure experts (system engineers, security engineers, DBA, etc).
- Validation of the operational documentation (including scenario of launch in Production) for the deployment and configuration of Windows application.
- Creation and validation of procedure and operational scripts to automate the deployment and configuration of Windows application ensuring the traceability of launch activities.
- Review of the architecture of the applications and ensure they can be released into the production environment in a simple and efficient way according to internal guidelines.
- Provide second level support to Production Operations - available for on call duties during certain weekends.
- Knowledge of Azure and Azure Devops is required with the ability to build continuous delivery pipelines for application deployment.
A background in development on Windows Server is essential (System Engineering experience is not required for this position). However, it's not a mission of pure development, the candidate should be interested in the various aspects of integration of applications running on a Windows infrastructure (Security, network, Middleware).
- Azure and Azure Devops (for building continuous delivery pipelines)
- Windows Server (2000 and/or /2016)
- Visual Basic (VB6 and/or VB.NET) .NET applications
- SQL Server (2000 and/or 2005)2016
- Scripting (VBS and/or Perl) Powershell
- MS Internet Information Server (IIS)
- MS COM+
- PERL Scripting
- Notions of security & architecture (clustering, load balancing, DMZ)
- Problem solving and lateral thinking mind-set
Experience of working in a similar, high availability environment (Conscious and focussed on the controls required to assure the required service levels) is a plus.