Technical Services Engineer (Construction)
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
Within the role of technical services engineer, you will report to the senior engineer and liaise with the sales, product development, production and internal technical teams. The purpose of the role is to gain / provide specifications / support for various products by offering practical, cost effective solutions to problems that are encountered by specifiers and product end users.
Typical duties will include:
* Respond to requests from specifiers, engineers and contractors and advise on the most suitable products relevant to their needs, or alternatively offer suitably adaptations to existing products.
* Produce safe, practical, and cost effective solutions to design and construction problems encountered by specifiers, engineers and contractors.
* Provide cost effective design solutions for tender enquiries
* Assist the NPD (New product development) team, helping to ensure suitable and cost effective products reach the market
* Assist in the control and maintenance of standard product drawings, as well as archived drawings
* Proficient in Auto CAD
* HNC / HND relevant discipline - Engineering / construction related
* several years experience in construction sector within an engineering role
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Ability to gather and correlate information
* Structural design experience - Desirable not essential
* Design / drafting skills
* Ability to use various Microsoft package, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Overall this is a great opportunity to join a highly regarded manufacturing company based in the heart of Sheffield. If you would like any further details relating to this role then please contact David at Davinci for an informal discussion.
The services advertised by Davinci are those of an employment agency