Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
Due to ongoing growth they have approached us with the need to recruit an Estimator into their pre construction team.
As Estimator, your role and responsibilities will include:
* Provide feasibility cost and design advice.
* Prepare and agree Stage 1 (Feasibility) and 2 (Pre Planning) budget cost plans in pre agreed format.
* Evaluate, track and cost risk management.
* Full Bill of Quantity preparation and measurement using Conquest Estimating software, including data entry.
* Full coding of conquest bill to reflect defined cost and activity code headings
* Provide tender update reports as and when required
* Prepare and send out subcontract enquiries and keep control of cost updates against our feasibility budget.
* Work in close liaison with other members of the Pre-Construction team, namely; Pre-Construction Manager, Commercial Manager and Estimating Manager.
* To assess subcontract quotations for content, compliance, risk and cost.
* Attend client meetings and provide cost advice.
* Assist in the research & development of new products and services.
* Obtain and assist in the procurement of statutory utility services.
* To manage the estimating process by taking ownership of assigned projects through to passing the project onto one of our construction teams.
* Investigate VE, cost effective and all alternative solutions.
* Prepare tender summary and costed risk registers.
* Organise and attend start up, mid bid and review meetings.
* Manage design development during pre-construction phrases to ensure alignment with priced document.
* Prepare comparisons against benchmark data.
* Track and inform the process on cost changes and evaluated design development options.
* Review design development and give cost advice to the team.
* Prepare and hand over contract files and give advice to the construction team and particularly the Project Surveyor.
* Achieve gross profit targets for tenders.
Suitable candidates will have the following skills and experience:
1. Excellent construction knowledge with the ability to interrogate 'buildability'.
2. Experience in estimating/bill preparation/take off and scheduling.
3. Excellent working knowledge of IT packages: Excel, Word, Explorer and Outlook.
4. Experience of estimating on projects in excess of £3m.
5. The ability to break-down new projects into tender packages.
6. Ability to liaise with Statutory Utility services.
1. Minimum HNC qualification.
2. Experience of using a computerized estimating package, in particular, Conquest.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award winning business that can offer genuine long term prospects and career advancement opportunity.
Contact Giles Wilson on (phone number removed)/(phone number removed) if you would like to discuss