Third Party Claims Handler
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
Salary: £20,000 - £27,000 + benefits
Full time and permanent
About Our Client
My client is a leading and expanding motor insurance group who are renowned for their staff reward and recognition, and are ranked highly in The Times Top 30 Big Companies to work for. They are currently recruiting for an Third Party Claims Handler to join their friendly and experienced team in their Chelmsford office.
The successful candidate will handle a portfolio of third Party motor claims across various skillsets.
The day to day would include the following:
* Managing claims caseload in accordance with the company's claims philosophy, claims handling procedures and service levels.
* Adhering to agreed personal authority limits, referring to line manager for authorisation where activity exceeds such limits.
* Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements (including "treating customers fairly" principles).
* Responding promptly and pro-actively to incoming telephone calls and correspondence by use of telephone, e-mail and letter.
* Controlling claim cost by achieving most economical settlement, through good use of liability and quantum arguments and effective negotiation.
* Maintaining good file discipline and accurate reserves, together with an effective diary system which ensures that cases are reviewed on a regular basis.
* Developing and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues and business partners.
* Pro-actively managing personal training and development requirements.
* Undertaking general claims tasks, as required.
The Ideal Candidate
* Previous motor claims experience essential
* Ideally Third party and PI experience - especially for the top end of the salary
* Strong customer service and communication skills
* Ability to manage and prioritise own workloads
* Willingness to develop self and new skills
* Ability to work with flexibility in a proactive claims environment
* Good market knowledge
* Good commercial awareness
What's on offer?
A competitive salary between £20,000 - £27,000 depending on experience, coupled with an excellent benefits package. Please note, salary top end will be for fully fledge and experienced third party claims handlers.
If you feel you have the right experience and want to be part of an award winning company, please apply today or call for more information