Mobile Library Driver / Assistant
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
Shift Pattern: 36 hrs per week - required to work a pattern comprising a mix of mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends
Salary: £9.42 per hour
Duration of the role: Immediate start, Temporary until March 2019 (subject to review)
* Assist in the delivery of library services, providing relief cover on general mobile libraries, the homecall service or stock delivery vans across a geographic area
* Providing library services to meet the needs of the community and the organisation's priorities as a part of front line staff
* Responsible for driving, maintaining and all record keeping in relation to the legislative requirements associated with the vehicle.
* Provide core services to customers/clients, maintaining client databases and request
* Provide the first response to comments and complaints from the public within guidelines of the organisation's services and complaint procedure
* Operating Library Management System
* Organisation of stock deliveries to libraries, homes and individuals
* Assist the line manager in ensuring that all equipment, including vehicles, is handled with care, maintained according to the organisation's policy, properly secured and that the inventory is accurate and up to date.
* To be responsible for carrying out the daily checks on the vehicle, e.g. oil, water and fuel levels, tyre pressure etc.
Qualifications And Experience
1 A valid Driving Licence which includes category C1
2 Five GCSE/GCE O levels at grades A* - C including English and Maths or hold an equivalent or higher qualification and have one years' experience of driving a vehicle up to and including 7.5 tonnes.
A minimum of two years' experience of driving a vehicle up to and including 7.5 tonnes.
1 CPC driver qualification card (DQC) (completed the required 35 hours CPC training)
2 An Enhanced Access NI certificate completed within the last 6 months
1 At least two years' experience providing a face to face service to a diverse range of the public, which must include evidence of working with children and older people, in a customer focused environment
2 Experience of using current Information Communication Technology (ICT) for accessing, selecting and using information.
3 Demonstrate experience of working in a team environment
Knowledge and Skills
1 Knowledge of legislative requirements associated with driving and maintaining vehicles
Other Requirements and Constraints
1 Ability to work a mix of mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends as required, both at base and in other service points as required
2 Have no criminal record which would prevent working with children or vulnerable adults
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Driving Assessment test in the mobile.
Please send an up to date CV to apply for this role
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy