Technology Service Analyst
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
You are applying for a role at Fortem, which is part of the Willmott Dixon family of companies. You can find out more about Fortem on our website.
Due to our continued success here at Fortem, we are delighted to be recruiting for an experienced Technology Services Analyst to help support the IT infrastructure team for Fortem, based in Hitchin with travel to other sites be expected.
At Fortem we care passionately about developing talent, investing support and encouraging our people to reach their career goals, and this is a great opportunity to join a highly successful business.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Architect, you will provide 3rd & 2nd line support to Fortem end users, as well being the internal escalation point for Fortem IT service desk and delivery teams.
You will play an active role in Fortem's IT projects by providing implementation services, and supporting and maintaining existing systems by providing proactive monitoring and management of the Fortem IT infrastructure, including on premises and hosted services.
Most importantly, you will be joining a values based business with a true family ethos, with our people at the heart of everything that we do. Are you looking for a job? Or are you looking for an employer who will welcome you, support you, and encourage you to be the best you!
Essential and Desirable Criteria
• Active Directory: with management of OU, DNS, DHCP, Sites and Services, FSMO Roles and troubleshooting to a 3rd Line level.
• Group Policy: Creation, deployment and troubleshooting to a 3rd line level.
• Exchange to at least 2013 release: To include HA deployment topologies and troubleshooting to a 3rd line level.
• Management and support of for Windows files and print services up to a 3rd line Level.
• Support and troubleshooting up to 3rd line For Windows server Operating systems 2008R2 and 2012 R2 as the minimum with exposure to 2016 being desirable.
• Backup management and support (Veeam would be beneficial) to include configuration (retention, job creation and scheduling), restores and troubleshooting up to 3rd line level.
• VMware: Administration and support up to a 3rd line level to include server creation, snapshot management and performance monitoring,
• Storage: (Desirable NetApp) Day to day administration and support to include performance management, storage protocols, LUN creation and IOPS.
• Network Infrastructure: WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi administration, monitoring and troubleshooting to include knowledge of network segmentation (vLANS) and routing protocols
• Firewall - (Desirable exposure to Cisco ASA and Palo-Alto) with knowledge of firewall management, site to site VPN and client VPN's.
• Internet Access & Proxy- day to day administration of proxy rule based configurations.
• Usage and configuration of monitoring tools (PRTG would beneficial)including SNMP, alerting, Threshold management for networks (WAN/LAN and Application services (AD, Exchange, File Servers)
• Server, Desktop and application build management - preferably Microsoft SCCM. To include patch management and application packaging
• Anti-Virus: administration and support for both server and Desktop estates.
• Advanced VMware management - DRS, HA Affinity etc
• DRaaS - Zerto VMware SRM
• Microsoft Cluster Services
• Microsoft SQL Management & Administration - Backup scheduling, maintenance plans
• Azure & Office 365
• Active Directory Federation Services
• L7 Load Balancers - Preferable NetScaler
• Exposure to next Generation firewall technologies - IDS /IPS, Application Firewall
• Telephony UC&C Administration - ( e.g. Avaya/ Mitel / Lync)
• Experience of working within a compliance driven environment
• Experience of ServiceNow service desk
• Full UK driving license
• Flexibility to travel within the UK if required
Fortem embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
At Fortem we look for a balance of skills and experience but just as important to us are your values and behaviours. We are looking for people to join our team aligned to our values which are: loyal & united, honest & trustworthy, take responsibility, be proud, and listen & act. If you are passionate about what you deliver, and willing to go the extra mile then come and join our Fortem team, and become a great ambassador of our business.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including company pension scheme, birthday leave, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, and many more!
*Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.
We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognise and reward your achievements.
Information about how we use your information and your information rights can be found on our website.
The submission of speculative CV's by recruitment agencies is discouraged and is entirely at their own risk. Any candidate details submitted by an agency without an instruction from Fortem shall be deemed rejected. Introductions are at all times subject to Fortem's standard terms and conditions of recruitment, which shall apply to the exclusion of and prevail above any other terms and conditions that an agency attempts or may in the future attempt to impose or incorporate (and which are hereby rejected).
Here at Fortem we are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets