Legal Secretary - Family
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
Legal Secretary (Family)
The prime role of the legal secretary is to provide direct support to her principal(s) to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The legal secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative. The successful candidate Should have gained experience within the Family department of a law firm
Duties Include but are not limited to:
· The candidate will be responsible for providing all round secretarial and administrative support, including liaising with clients and answering basic queries, diary management, producing documents (with the use of digital dictation), and maintaining filing and record systems. Strong communication and IT skills are important. Ability to audio type and copy type is essential. Knowledge of bighand digital dictation is preferable
· The candidate will be providing essential secretarial tasks including preparation of briefs, document preparation, dictation, diary management, filing, client liaison, proof reading correspondence, preparing documents and various other secretarial tasks. Must have a strong foundation of family law experience.
· The prime role of the legal secretary is to provide direct support to the principal(s) to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The legal secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
· Prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing.
· Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
· Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
· Arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the office assistant is not available to undertake the task.
· Make appointments, arrange meetings, reserve meeting rooms and maintain an up to date diary for her principal(s).
· If the facilities available through General Office ("General Office") are not available, prepare the meeting room(s) for meetings and clear the room at the end of a meeting.
· Provide support to other secretaries as required.
· Provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so.
· Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
· Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
· Ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and clients documentation and information.
· Have a high degree of self management & initiative
· Experience within Family Law sector is essential
· Excellent communication skills
· Confident with own work
· Ability to work on own or with a team when needed
In return you will benefit from:
· Uniform provided
· Health care package (after probation period)
· Company pension
· Basic salary of £18,000
· Life Assurance
· 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
The above role is based on a permanent full time basis with an ASAP start available. Hours of work are Monday - Friday 9:00AM - 5:00PM with an hour's lunch. To apply for this position please apply directly through the job advert or email your CV to .If you require further information please call the branch on (phone number removed)
Adecco UK are an equal opportunities employer and an Employment Agency
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy