Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
Location - Within 1 hour commute of Wellingborough
Salary and benefits - Competitive salary plus full package, including company car or car allowance, healthcare company matched pension and two share options, plus numerous retails rewards and 26 days annual leave
The opportunity: Kier Construction Major Projects are looking to recruit a Senior Engineer to work in conjunction with the Site Team to ensure construction is carried out accurately; that quality is maintained; records are kept; abortive or defective work is avoided, and that satisfactory progress is achieved.
* Assist in the preparation of 'as-built drawings'
* Establishing effective systems to record work completed updating the Project Quality Plan accordingly
* To assist in managing systems to enable the progress of work to be reviewed against time, quality, dimensions and quantity
* Assist in the recording and testing of workmanship and materials, i.e., drainage, concrete, piling, brickwork etc
* Provides engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered
* Responsible for setting out works constructed within allowable tolerances.
* Regularly checking the setting out points and benchmarks and checking that all setting out instruments and measuring equipment are delivered to site with a calibration certificate and recorded accordingly
* Ensures workforce understand setting out information has been identified as suitable for the type of work being carried out
* Assist in the preparation of sketches for distribution on site, ensuring clear communication channels are in place for effective understanding
* To be aware of the provisions of the Kier Safety, Health and Environmental Management System and to assist in its implementation to ensure a safe working environment
* Responsible for providing and maintaining setting out and dimensional control, to ensure accurate construction of the work.
* Familiar with Quality Management System.
* Maintain drawing register
Key Skills and Requirements:
* Experience within a similar position
* Excellent organisational skills with a positive can do attitude.
* Hold relevant qualification at HNC, BTEC, NVQ 4 or equivalent.
* Willingness to travel within the local area and on a regional or national basis as and when required.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let's shape your world together