Associate Director of Corporate Affairs/Governance
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
- Act as adviser on corporate governance issues to the Director of Corporate Affairs and other members of the Board;
- Responsible for developing the Trust's corporate governance structure;
- Establish, maintain and monitor policies and procedures for sound corporate governance across the Trust, including Standing Orders and Standing Financial Instructions, the Scheme of Delegation, the Standards of Business Conduct Policy, and the corporate governance aspects of tendering and procurement;
- Draft papers on corporate governance issues on behalf of the Director of Corporate Affairs for meetings of the Executive and Trust Board;
- Work with the SMT across Corporate Governance/Communications teams to draft the Annual Governance Statement and other corporate governance aspects of the Trust's annual report;
- Act as Secretary to the Board of Directors, ensuring high quality papers, timely circulation of papers, effective management and minuting of Board meetings;
- Implementation of a clear annual cycle of business for the Board that reflects national reporting requirements and corporate governance best practice;
- Professional leadership of the Trust Secretariat function, managing the smooth running of the full range of secretariat services to the Board and Board Committees including: Agenda setting, Collation and distribution of papers, taking minutes / producing action notes and following up actions, ensuring the appropriate treatment of highly sensitive and confidential information at all times.
A successful candidate will have:
- ICSA qualification or working towards this presently;
- Experience working at senior level as board secretary/AD level corporate affairs in the NHS;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent understanding of the NHS and NHS policy framework.
For further information on this role, please contact Neil Fineberg on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)