Internal Controls Manager
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
The Internal Controls Manager reports directly to the European Finance Director and will be responsible for 'kick-starting' the enhancement and development of strong internal controls helping to create and maintain an environment of 'no surprises'. You will act as a resource and consultant for the European division, putting in place strong internal controls and supporting stakeholders to ensure that controls and compliance is a key feature of how the division operates.
• Review risk and control frameworks for all group financial processes
• Identify financial and operational risks and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of controls in place
• Perform management testing and analysis of internal controls
• Plan and manage business process control self-assessments
• Develop control policies, guidance documentation and issue control alerts
• Identify and implement potential improvements and revisions to internal control environment
• Develop process maps of significant financial processes, identifying control points within the process and reducing redundant or non-effective controls
• Working with the Financial Control team, drive the balance sheet review process throughout Europe.
• A technical accounting background, perhaps Big 4 or Top Tier trained, with strong technical and analytical skills
• Experience of documenting processes and controls
• Experience of designing, implementing, improving and monitoring controls
• Experience in effective process design/analysis to identify efficiencies and time savings
• Strong understanding of auditing principles and standards
• Ability to build professional relationships with internal and external clients
• Ability to both support and challenge key stakeholders is vital.
• Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to work autonomously and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Industry experience gained within the manufacturing, engineering and/or automotive sectors is preferred but not essential
• Bachelor's degree with relevant professional accounting qualification, ACA/ICAEW, ACCA or equivalent
• Willingness and ability to travel occasionally
• The role is primarily based within a corporate head office environment with periodic time spent on the manufacturing floor