Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
Do you enjoy a busy and demanding role working on large projects?
Would you like to grow your career within a family run company?
Salary: Negotiable (depending on skills and experience)
About the Role:
E.J. Taylor & Sons Ltd is a family run business based in Essex. Our Civil Engineering and Groundworks Department contracts for many of the main house builders, private clients and the public sector. Our busy team are looking for an experienced Civils Estimator to assist with the increasing work. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Civils Estimator to hit the ground running and grow their career with us.
* Develop accurate and comprehensive cost estimates for major projects working closely with internal teams and client
* To understand and be able to interpret and prepare a groundworks bill of quantities from drawings provided.
* To complete a full cost analysis of the potential project.
* To prepare a commercial review of contract terms and complete the risk / opportunities register.
* To work closely with internal teams to support the bid process and ensure all tenders are completed to the highest standard and within tight deadlines.
* To send tender enquiries to subcontractors and suppliers to ensure appropriate quotations are provided for projects.
* To make cost effective suggestions for alternative solutions and products.
* Experienced Civils / Groundworks Estimator
* Proven track record working on large scale projects in a similar role
* Ideally qualified in a relevant discipline
* Strong IT skills including excel and word
* Experience with estimating packages essential
* Knowledge of CAD desirable
* Knowledge and experience of working on tenders essential
* Full driving license
* Personable and Trustworthy
* Team Player
* Commercially aware
* Ability to build positive and effective working relationships both internally and externally
If you fit the above, please forward your full CV, cover letter and salary expectations.
We look forward to hearing from you.
EJT Recruitment Team
(phone number removed)
(NO AGENCIES PLEASE)