Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
The most successful Senior Buyer will have a minimum of 5 years experience within housing and ideally hold a relevant qualification. Strong computer skills will be paramount, especially Microsoft Excel, as will good communication skills, both written and verbal. This is an ideal role for someone looking to make the next step up in their career to head up a team of individuals.
Senior Buyer Position Overview
* Start up the procurement team
* Taking off and scheduling materials from drawings and specifications.
* Sending supplier tender enquiries and analysing them on receipt.
* Negotiating prices with suppliers.
* Creating purchase orders using excel based systems.
* Manage and update materials price database.
* Assisting sites with day-to-day plant and materials requirements.
* Dealing with site or supplier delivery / invoice queries.
* Check and authorise supplier invoices.
* Develop supplier relationships.
Senior Buyer Position Requirements
* Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Buyer
* Strong previous experience within the housebuilding sector
* Relevant qualification - advantageous
* Strong computer skills
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Proven strong management skills
Senior Buyer Position Remuneration
* Salary - up to £60K (dependent on experience)
* Pension scheme
* Healthcare benefits
* Car allowance
* Full package to be disclosed at interview stage
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment