Interim Head of Planning
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
As Head of Planning, key responsibilities/tasks for the interim period will include:
* Provide service leadership, direction and accountability.
* Delivering the proposed MER for planning.
* Supporting the successful commencement of the new 'place' hub.
* Work with the Director/Exec Director to shape a new operating model for planning.
* Overseeing development of the local plan/publication of the Local Development Schedule.
* Supporting delivery of the housing infrastructure fund bid.
* Working with the existing management team to embed systems and procedures.
* Championing successful outcomes of major and/or contentious applications.
The successful applicant will be a qualified Tow Planner with previous experience of working at senior management level within a local authority. A key element to this role will be the ability to communicate effectively with senior figures within the authority and third parties to ensure projects are successfully planned, finalised/negotiated and implemented.
This role will initially be offered on a 3 month contract with the possibility of extensions.
Interviews will commence week commencing 14th January.
Stafforce is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy