Senior Quantity Surveyor
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
Salary and benefits: Competitive salary plus company car or car allowance, matched pension up to 7.5%, numerous retail discounts and various share scheme options.
Location: Godstone, Surrey
Business area: Major Projects Highways
Introduction: The Kier Highways Major Projects division are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the Smart Motorways business.
Kier is working in collaboration with Highways England to deliver multiple Smart Motorways schemes across the UK, converting hard shoulders in to running lanes and installing sensors and signs to monitor and manage traffic flow to improve journey times in areas suffering from congestion.
* Manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned project (or section) to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts. Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract/workstream performance data
* Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement Kier Group's policies for risk management
* Support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders
* Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
* Value work executed by sub-contractors and certify interim and final payments.
* Implement all of Kier Group's policies including those for SHE and risk management. Promote Kier Group's values towards its customers in order to meet or exceed their expectations
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Related HNC/Degree or equivalent.
* Experience in a similar role.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let's shape your world together
G2 Recruitment Solutions
Supply Technical Ltd
Pure Residential & Commercial