Senior Development Engineer
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
• Working in a multi discipline product design team to create sensors and analysers to measure properties of water and gas.
• The work will include areas such as: sensor design, product design and evaluation.
• The ideal candidate will have a scientific background and experience in sensor development.
• Responsible for designing, building and testing analytical sensors and instrumentation, within a team of multi-disciplined engineers and scientists.
• Working in a multi-discipline product design team to create sensors and analysers for water and gas applications
• Work closely with Product Management to identify and anticipate customer/market/legislative demands for new products/solutions. Consider all aspects of life cycle management (installation, service, end of life disposal).
• Understand key technology options from established and emerging competitors.
• Innovate new products using new technology/new manufacturing processes to deliver additional value for customers
• Identify and manage IP risks and opportunities.
• Work within framework of the gate model to ensure projects are robustly reviewed and delivered to cost/quality and time objectives
• Innovate own designs from specifications and consider user input when developing designs
• Design experiments and create test regimes to evaluate design prototypes
• Test products to certified standard methods
• Carry out field testing of prototypes
• Work with suppliers to produce production quality components
• Work with other departments for the procurement and manufacture of mechanical assemblies
• Ensure the renewal of the design infra structure. Maintain and improve the design procedures and practices.
• To be aware of all Health and Safety regulations and Environmental issues and to take them into consideration when carrying out tests.
• Innovation of new product design
• To ensure testing is carried out accurately.
• Designing from concept through to a manufacturable product.
• Meeting the specification and costs targets required
• Effectively communicate results to team members.
Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Master od PhD in chemistry, physics or a related subject
• Deep knowledge of electrochemical measurement techniques
• Proven track record in analytical product design
• Experience of testing to certified standards
• Identify any issues with a design, and the ability to troubleshoot issues successfully.
• Aptitude for problem-solving
• Self-motivated and able to demonstrate attention to detail
• Able to effectively communicate results to wider team.
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of safe laboratory practices and procedures.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Experience in optical measurement techniques
• Experience in end-to-end product development
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application