Product Manager / Product Marketing Manager
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
SALARY: £40,000 - £50,000 (DOE)
BENEFITS: Group Benefits + 25 Days plus Stats
We are a market leading manufacturer, part of a £1bn International Group (FTSE 100) that employs 5800 personnel and operates in over 20 countries worldwide
We manufacture and supply elevator safety, display and communication systems direct to elevator & elevator door manufacturers and associated elevator maintenance & modernisation contractors worldwide
We have 4 R&D / manufacturing facilities across three continents and 14 sales offices globally
We have four industry leading brands and in November 2017 we acquired another market leading brand to our portfolio
LOCATION: Based at our Head Office in Maidenhead.
Circa 30% of your time offsite in EMEA and the US visiting our manufacturing sites and in support of our sales operations as "our Safety Solution Product Champion"
Due to an internal promotion within the group, we wish to recruit a degree qualified (or calibre) Product Manager (or Product / Product Marketing Executive looking to step up) who meets the following brief:
· Product /Product Marketing Management experience within a business to business or regulation driven market. Any experience of working across international boundaries and through 3rd Party Channels is advantageous but not a pre-requisite
· We are open in terms of product and market experience as intellectual capability and personal characteristics are far more important than specific industry knowledge
What are key however is:
· Your ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and demanding environment
· That you are a self-starter with the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and direction
· Your ability to be an effective team player and comfortably work and communicate at all levels and across departmental boundaries
· Your ability to use your own initiative, build trust and solve problems creatively
· A flexible, hard working and 'can do' attitude
· Succession planning is an integral part of our recruitment process and it is imperative we employ individuals who have the desire and capability to take on greater responsibilities both now and in the future.
· We offer the genuine potential for career development within our company and the group globally. Where possible, we have an active policy of promotion from within and firmly believe in the development of all personnel.
A detailed brief will be provided to short listed candidates, but as an overview, you will:
· Manage the life cycle of our Safety Solutions product portfolio; this includes lift door detectors and Emergency telephones.
· Take responsibility for the integration of a recently acquired company's product portfolio into our overarching group
· Define and implement our vision and strategy in relation to these product portfolios
· Define scopes and requirements for new engineering development projects
· Co-ordinate product launches: conduct training, prepare marketing collateral, and define initial stocking profiles
· Design, develop, and maintain the necessary sales tools to promote product ranges (i.e. competitor guides, presentations)
· Work with Sales, Operations, Engineering and Marketing colleagues to define variants and sales packages of existing products
· Measure and publish performance and payback of product ranges
· Be the "Marketing Champion" for the End-of-Life (EOL) process for obsolete products
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant John Gowen quoting Product Manager and reference JG15117 to DD: (phone number removed) Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: (phone number removed). Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based