Seasonal Virginia Beach Cleaner
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Hampton Roads Transit
- Clean all interior surfaces of buses, trucks, vans, cars, and other equipment following all applicable procedures and standards to include but not limited to blood-borne pathogens, hazardous waste, etc.
- Use proper equipment and procedures to clean the interior surfaces of vehicles to include but not to be limited to passenger windows, window frames, passenger seating, passenger hand grips and stanchions, side walls, ceilings, ventilation vents and floors.
- Assist in exterior cleaning and daily service activities as needed.
- Remove graffiti from all interior surfaces.
- Clean vehicle floors to include the removal of gum, dirt and grease.
- Maintain cleanliness of the work and shop areas to ensure a safe work environment.
- Meet all HRT productivity and quality standards.
- Transport parcels between the operating divisions and vendors as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Interact effectively, courteously, and professionally with operations department employees and other HRT employees regarding vehicle repairs and other shop business.
- Train other HRT employees in the safe and efficient performance of fleet maintenance and proper operation of required maintenance equipment.
- Assume primary responsibility of assigned projects.
- Perform all required written documentation as directed.
- Follow all HRT procedures associated with found items on vehicles.
- Report inoperable equipment, equipment abuse or component tampering to the shop supervisor.
- Provide assistance, guidance, training, and direction to other shop personnel as needed.
- Be involved in the daily operation of the shop and service line.
- Possess the ability to interpret maintenance manuals and other documents and to safely operate company equipment and assigned tools and supplies.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with HRT/OSHA standards.
- Responsible for proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Safely uses all power and hand held equipment.
- Maintain awareness and compliance with all current HRT, local, state, and federal regulations, such as regulations governing the handling and disposal of hazardous waste and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT's EMS.
- Handle all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT's Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan.
- This position is classified as essential personnel and Safety-Sensitive.
- Written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be able interpret and carry out verbal and written assignments.