Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
This role is based in a fast paced, demanding production environment and would suit an experienced Mechanical Engineer with proven mechanical assembly skills who has a background in automotive assembly.
The successful candidate will be capable of reading from engineering drawings and have an understanding of hydraulic and mechanical fittings.
* Assembling large mechanical components on a production line
* Reading from schematics and engineering drawings
* Mechanical assembly using a large range of tools such as bush drifts and torque wrenches
* Assembling electrical and hydraulic fittings
* Working to strict takt times
* Adhering to Health & Safety procedures
* Working to a very high quality using 5s and lean manufacturing
* Must have previous experience in automotive or large machinery assembly
* Mechanical engineering qualification
* Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical fitting and installation
* Must be able to read from schematics and engineering drawings
* Must have proven experience in hand/bench fitting
* Must have excellent work ethic, attendance record, time keeping and have a positive outlook
* Must be able to work as part of a team or by own initiative
This is a temp to perm position, 40 hours a week Monday to Friday 8am-4.30pm. Overtime will be required and expected. Successful candidates will be required to be fully flexible between the hours of 7am-5pm and to work 2 out of 4 Saturdays, 6am-12pm.
Annual salary of £24-£28k inclusive of overtime and bonuses plus a generous package including a health cover scheme for dental, optician etc, 4% contributory pension and a Life Insurance Scheme after a 6 month probationary period.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV in response to this advert if you have the relevant skills and requirements