Multi Skilled Technician (Decorator)
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
Our client, a nationwide property development and property services contract, are expanding in the Midlands. With more than 40 years' experience in the building and property maintenance industry, you'll be part of an ambitious company with a diverse workload currently spanning the Midlands and North West, with plans to extend the service offering across the UK.
As a Multi-Skilled Technician you'll take responsibility for a range of allocated daily tasks within your geographical area, ensuring work is completed on time and to the highest possible standards, whilst operating in a professional and friendly manner to deliver high standards of customer service on behalf of the house builders.
* Working to detailed briefs for assigned work and taking a hands on approach to a wide variety of jobs including joinery, tiling, patch plastering, basic plumbing, painting and labouring etc.
* Gathering work schedules and updating job progress on the in house system using a handheld PDA device, ensuring up-to-date each day
* Ensuring materials and machinery for jobs are organised with head office colleagues via the PDA
* Efficiently communicating updates on jobs to customers
* Attending head office meetings once a week
* Ensuring health and safety of colleagues and customers on each job
* Very attractive basic salary.
* Excellent overtime rates.
* Company Vehicle.
* Fuel card
* Door-to-door paid travel.
* Company iPad
* All PPE provided.
* Tool allowance.
* 28 days holidays.
* Incentive scheme with a leading Perks Business.
* Career development opportunities may be available for those who demonstrate capability and wish to progress further within the business.
To be considered, you will need:
* Proven experience as a multi-skilled trade professional, particularly within decoration along with other building / maintenance work
* Full UK driving licence
A valid CSCS Card and an NVQ Level 2 in a relevant decipliine will be advatageous.
Relevant disciplines include: Painting, Decorating, Joinery, Carpentry, Tiling, Plumbing etc.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken by the business, successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory DBS Check