Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
Reporting in to the commercial manager you will be responsible for:
• Develop and negotiate contracts (working with Sales and Marketing, Project Management and Supply Chain) to obtain the best possible commercial arrangements without compromising business objectives
• Conduct and support negotiations with customers to achieve the best position for the business which reflects the agreed "sign-off" position
• Drafting of contractual letters, collaboration, non-disclosure, framework, teaming and other related agreements
• Liaise with projects and technical staff to ensure contracts accurately reflect the scope and programme of work
• Ensure all pricing is completed on time and in accordance with financial targets
• Work with finance colleagues to ensure acceptable cash flow and payment profiles are contractually agreed and met.
• Where required, work with Procurement to ensure subcontractors/suppliers meet their commercial/contractual obligations and provide contract management guidance/advice/support to the business as required
• Present commercial aspects of sales proposals at internal bid reviews, to all levels of management throughout the organisation
• Conduct pre-and post-contract reviews with internal stakeholders to ensure that contractual risks and obligations are known, understood and being properly addressed and managed.
• Work within corporate policy and ethics guidelines for all business contracts and agreements
• Input to and deliver Business Unit strategy objectives in conjunction with the Commercial Manager
• Other commercial team duties as agreed from time to time
Ideally you will be IACCM/CIPS qualified or at least studying along with previous commercial experience within the defence or heavily regulated industry