Head of Digital Design (Design Director / Creative Consultant)
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
Head of Digital Design / Design Director to work for a leading exciting digital organisation, who deliver a range of exciting digital projects for customers both public and private sector. Due to growth and transformation, they are looking to bring on a Head of Digital Design / Design Director to join their business based in Newcastle.
The nature of the role for the Design Director will be to be responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of the Design Team. This includes overarching responsibility for tools and methods utilised by the team and specifically for all output generated by team staff members.
Serving as a Design expert, the head of digital design / design director will represent your department across the business and to third parties and will work in close alignment with the Leadership Management Team.
The Design Director will ensure that team output is of good quality and fulfilling client scope, in alignment with our internal project definition documents and commercial agreements.
Your core responsibilities include;
1 Developing and maintaining the Design Team strategy
1 Setting team strategy and approach in collaboration with your team leaders
2 Ensuring successful operation of the Design Team
3 Building and promoting our Design team
4 Leading and developing team members
5 Project delivery and execution
6 Sales approach, consultancy and estimation
The ideal Design Director will have great customer engagement skills, pitching experience, digital creative execution, ideation and concept development a must.
Key knowledge areas include;
* 10+ years complex digital design experience
* 4+ years management experience
* 6+ years working in a design team with well-rounded, broad experience of the discipline
* Pitching experience and concept development experience
* Thorough working knowledge of design principles and practices
* Experience managing design teams and in establishing standards applied across project teams
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
* Strong attention to detail and analytical approach to problem solving
* Excellent people leadership, creative and analytical skills
* Experience designing complex web sites
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy