Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by S&P Global
The Role: Are you are a highly ambitious, data-driven individual that is obsessively organized? The Compensation Analyst is a catalyst for the Finance - Sales Crediting & Commission team. You will assist in developing, administering and implementing S&P Global - Market Intelligence Incentive Plans and help develop and administer our global compensation programs. You will ensure data integrity, leveraging Microsoft Access Databases, Xactly, a commissioning tool, our CRM system-SFDC, and HR Information System- Workday.
Grade: (for internal use only): 10A
The Location: Charlottesville, VA; Richmond, VA
The Impact: Accuracy is deeply significant, as this impacts individuals' compensation. You will be a part of a small but hardworking team that provides a very meaningful role in assisting in driving the company's sales.
- Handling and reporting the New Sales via Microsoft Access Database.
- Validating, auditing and reporting the sales crediting transactions using SFDC and the billing system and ensure the measures are in place to appropriately provide actual performance results as they relate to the targets assigned.
- Ensure measures and support documentation is in place for all other plan components where needed to calculate compensation, managed through MS Access.
- Assist with management of our new commissioning tool Xactly. Administering the global commission payments including calculating draw and commissions due related to the various incentive components.
- Manage employee movement and related attributes resulting from transfers, promos, resignations and terminations, etc. Manage team hierarchies and structures - the maintenance within MS Access and in Xactly to ensure appropriate people are receiving the proper credit and commissions.
- Develop close relationship with Sales Operations and all commercial employees to address data issues and questions around sales crediting, commission calculations and payments.
- You have high proficiency in MS Access Database and MS Excel.
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented, and adept at multi-tasking
- You are flexible and adaptable in a dynamic environment.
- You are a solutions-oriented and creative person who is driven to make current processes or systems more effective and efficient.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Technology or other Business related field
- 3-5 years of experience working in compensation, Finance, Sale Operations, HRIS or human resources
- Understanding of sales compensation plans to ensure payments are accurate, complete, and in compliance with Company Policy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Microsoft Excel proficiency, including advanced complex formulas
- Microsoft Access database knowledge, including building queries.
- Salesforce.com, CRM system experience.
- Experience with using the Xactly, commissioning tool.
- If qualified candidate resides in Richmond, Va; the requirement of commuting to Charlottesville will equate to 2 to 3 times per work week.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a desire to learn about incentive plan administration and grow and to develop as a compensation analyst.
We know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand forward-thinking and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
We are a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.