Community Cafe Coordinator
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by The Dracaena Centre
The Dracaena Centre JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: The Palm Community Café Coordinator
Salary: £21242 - 23,712 pro rata
HOURS: Initially 15 hours per week
Main purpose of the job: Delivery, supervision, safety and development of the Palm Community Café.
Responsible to: The Centre Manager
Responsible for: Café staff volunteers
Main duties and responsibilities:
· To manage the activities of the Café in accordance with the policies and budgets
· To make decisions in the normal daily running of the Café to maintain services
· To maintain the premises in accordance with good practice and food hygiene safety standards
· To ensure that staffing levels are adequate to ensure service is delivered to agreed quality standards
· To oversee volunteer training and support and to be involved with recruiting and inducting volunteers
· To maintain good administration, including reporting, statistics, financial, personnel and compliance with current legislation
· To ensure the Café premises are prepared and ready for service and that the centre is packed down at the end of each café day
· To work with the Finance Officer to maintain compliance with budgets laid out by the Centre Manager
· To lead Café staff meetings
· To engage in and support fundraising activities
· Develop and maintain good working relationships with all relevant contacts and partners.
· To maintain high standards of behaviour and appearance at all times and represent the Dracaena Centre in a positive way.
· To ensure that all activity is consistent with and promotes equity and safeguarding children/vulnerable adults policies.
· All duties are to be carried out consistent with the standards, policies and procedures as laid down by the Dracaena Centre.
All Dracaena Centre staff will be expected to accept reasonable flexibility in working arrangements to support the smooth operations and team spirit within the Centre and to return to their main duties once the 'crisis' is over.
The post holder must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to:
• The Dracaena Centre's Equal Opportunities Policy
• Undertaking training as required and be responsible for their continual personal development
• Working at all times within the code of requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
The Community Café is open every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 9:30am until 1.30 pm. The cafe is open to everyone. We keep our prices low to be accessible to those on low or no income and we have compassionate staff and volunteers who are there to listen to people who just need a safe space to talk. We also have a network of partnerships who we can arrange to provide advice and support to those in need, struggling with any issue, from housing and homelessness, to benefits issues and financial struggles, addictions, mental health issues and anything else that comes up. For those that are street homeless we may also provide free hot drinks and meals and a shower where needed. The café is such a great place and is making a real difference in our community. Are you the right person to take it forward?