Estimator Bridge Construction Heavy Highway
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Kevin E. Raker Construction LLC
Estimator-Bridge Construction/Heavy Highway
Kevin E. Raker Construction, LLC is seeking an estimator. Experience in heavy highway, bridge construction, and PennDOT's ECMS preferred.
KER Construction is an EEO Employer. Women and minorities strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Summary: Prepare complete estimates for assigned project(s) of medium to large size and complexity either directly or through subordinate personnel. This salaried, exempt position will work independently with minimal supervision.
- Complete accurate and concise estimates of required labor, equipment and materials needed to complete project.
- Review and incorporate historical data (purchase orders, quotations, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) into estimates.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, project site, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Proactively communicate with Owner, Project Administrator, Project Manager, Superintendent, Cost Accountant and other internal departments concerning project.
- Responsible for the coordination and administration of projects upon completion of sale or low bid including maintaining files of working documents.
- Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing.
- Civil engineering and construction principles.
- Project management principles, practices and methods.
- Common commercial and estimating software.
- Contract administration.
- Progress payments, change orders, and claims.
- Principles of administration, leadership, supervision and training.
- Bid a project from beginning to end including takeoffs, detailed estimate setup, entry and analysis of material and subcontracting pricing.
- Learn and follow company policies and procedures.
- Read and interpret schematics, specifications and plans.
- Prepare reports, business correspondence, and documents.
- Plan, organize and direct the work of others.
- Use a computer and related office equipment.
Qualifications: Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: A minimum of five years of combined experience in estimating and construction including excavation, paving, underground utility, site development and heavy highway projects.
- Frequently required to sit in and operate a vehicle for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use office equipment such as computers, copiers, telephones, etc.
- Ability to work in a field environment with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat and cold.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive.
They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.