Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Legal E
Exceptional DC firm (metro-accessible) seeks a Legal Assistant.
Ideal candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years of law firm or in-house legal department experience. This individual will be responsible for assisting other paralegals and attorneys with complex mass tort settlements - administering class action and individual settlements, and processing claims (tracking bankruptcies, probates, and liens asserted against settlements; compiling medical records; and tracking claimant data).
- Providing support for a variety of client matters - processing settled claims, preparing for client meetings and negotiations, conducting research, and providing general attorney matter support
- Reviewing and analyzing medical records as well as legal and financial documents
- Maintaining various Excel tracking charts - manipulating and sorting data, and preparing reports and statistics
- Maintaining accurate records (electronic and physical)
- Assisting with minimal administrative support tasks - sorting and distributing mail, answering phone calls, replenishing office supplies (including snacks and beverages), and catering and conference room set-up
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-2 years of law firm or in-house legal department experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience utilizing document management programs, web-based conference call/web-sharing applications, Adobe products, PACER, and Westlaw
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and prioritize
- Ability to perform effectively with little/no supervision and within established time limits and ongoing deadlines
- Must be flexible to incur overtime
Firm is metro-accessible and offers competitive salary and outstanding benefits.
Great opportunity to be involved in an interesting practice area and work with exceptional individuals in a collegial environment!
Please submit your resume in Word format to: .
We look forward to hearing from you!