In-House Paralegal (Maryland)
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Legal E
Boutique private equity real estate business seeks a detail-oriented, career Paralegal/Legal Assistant to support the functions of their Legal Department.
- Supporting the activities of the Senior Vice President & General Counsel
- Maintaining the Company's corporate and entity-level books and records, structure charts, and critical files; ensuring that Company entities remain in good standing; assisting in the onboarding, oversight, and management of Entity Management and Annual Filing tools
- Developing and administering lease administration policies and procedures for the tracking and management of real estate leases at the Company's multiple real estate assets
- Managing investor documentation and quarterly onboarding processes with investors
- Managing database of the Company's insurance policies and current claims for all real estate assets in coordination with the Company's outside insurance consultants
- Assisting in tracking loan covenant compliance; transaction closing documents and working collaboratively with the internal Accounting Team and Fund Controller on related tasks
- Providing significant administrative assistant functions to the General Counsel as assigned
- Managing the organization of critical Company files/documents and legal-related processes and procedures
- Bachelor's degree; paralegal certificate preferred
- At least 3-5 years of paralegal experience in a law firm or business environment, including a real estate or financial services firm; administrative assistant experience a plus
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and successfully manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter who thrives on predictability; independent thinker capable of developing and suggesting new, better means of completing assigned tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Desire to learn
- Flexible, team approach with a willingness to perform multiple types of tasks (paralegal, administrative, and otherwise as needs evolve)
Company offers significant opportunities for professional growth, on-the-job learning, and a generous salary/benefits package.
Please submit your resume in Word format to: .
We look forward to hearing from you!