Technical Accounting Manager
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
Technical Accounting Manager - Hungerford - Full Time - Competitive Salary + Bonus + Car or Car Allowance + Excellent Benefits
Do you have experience in US GAAP and IFRS - revenue recognition, leasing and restructuring?
Are you a qualified accountant? With ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent?
Do you want to work for a global leader in digital and software marketing solutions?
If so, CDK Global is looking for a Technical Accounting Manager to join the Finance Team based in our Headquarters in Hungerford. If you are a credible, articulate professional with the ability to present to non-financial people then we want you to apply today!
About CDK Global
CDK Global is a global market leader in providing software and digital marketing solutions to the automotive industry. We're innovating the way that automotive dealerships drive their customers' car-buying experience from the moment they run a search online all the way through to bringing their car back in for a service. Join us and be a part of the evolution.
We're large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organisation where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
You will partner with the Corporate Controller organisation to ensure appropriate technical accounting treatment of significant and unusual transactions in line with US GAAP and CDK Accounting policy. Working collaboratively with all internal stakeholders to achieve clarity on technical accounting issues on a timely basis you will also effectively manage liaison with Auditors on technical accounting matters.
The role gives you the opportunity to lead the technical accounting review of large or unusual contracts with customers within the CDKI segment. This may include reviews of Master Service Agreements (MSA), framework agreements with OEMs or other large groups, client-specific Statements of Work (SOW), and any Non-Standard Addenda (NSA).
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Strong technical proficiency in US GAAP and IFRS - in relation to revenue recognition, leasing, restructuring
- Proven experience of working for an International Company with multi-Country teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain technical accounting concepts to a non-technical audience
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working within the technology sector in a similar role
- Able to develop strong relationships and working collaboratively with key contacts across the business e.g. Business Service Centre, Operations, Legal and Sales
- Proven drive to achieve the right outcome, in a time-pressured environment
- Flexibility to travel (some ad-hoc travel required)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Cover
- Income Protection
- Critical Illness Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Childcare savings options
- Employee Discounts
If you like the look of this Technical Accounting Manager opportunity and have the necessary skills and experience, please apply today by clicking apply and completing our application process through Staff-Finda.
Why a career with CDK Global? We demand diversity. Our people may be spread across countries, continents and cultures, but we're united by a passion and enthusiasm to drive our business forward. This means no matter where you work you'll feel like part of our global team.