Credit Risk Officer II - Private Label Credit Cards
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by TD Bank Group
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit . Find TD Bank on Facebook at and on Twitter at .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit .
The US Credit Cards Risk Management group provides critical information, interpretative, and detailed analysis, and deploys critical retail credit risk strategies that ensures the US Credit Cards division meets its targets and the credit risk is appropriately measured and managed.
The Risk Officer II is responsible for developing and recommending appropriate credit risk standards related to credit card portfolios and other credit related activities. In conjunction with senior management and typically a firm-wide Credit Committee, Credit Card Risk Officer formulates and/or manages the firm's portfolio risk management policies including, but not limited to: acquisitions, line assignment, and existing account management. The job staffs, monitors existing and potential credit exposure, and implements measures to attain portfolio risk goals. The Risk Officer II analyzes and evaluates credit risks resulting from underlying demographics of portfolio (geographic, demographic, income, and other macro-economic variables). This job recommends and implements credit enhancement on an as-needed basis, either directly, or in conjunction with Risk Analytics/Modeling, may be responsible for development and evaluation of credit risk management models. This job is also accountable for providing a broad range of risk analysis, reporting and/or support to business partners and acting as a specialist/expert in providing guidance/advice on a range of risk related matters within assigned or own area of specialization.
• Support the various risk segmentation strategies by extracting data & performing analysis
• Manager various Ad Hoc business / risk related requests
• Opportunity to advise on Credit Risk strategies related to acquisition & account management
• Performs functions noted for Credit Card Risk Officer I.
• Supports and assists in the development of credit risk projects/initiatives; pulls performance and demographic data, performs detailed analysis and assists in preparation of appropriate documentation/recommendation.
• May lead a small team or operate in a lead capacity managing risk activities such as KRI, CSI, RCSA and Action Plan reporting on behalf of a key business or functional area.
• May be involved on risk related committees and/or related working groups as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and plays a lead role in research / analysis and /or integrating / implementing key risk management practices.
• Performs detailed analysis and interprets information to make recommendations to Senior Management on critical strategies including non standard and ad-hoc requests as determined by management.
• Ensures the timely communication of issues that are relevant to the team and encourage a good working relationship with other internal and external groups.
• Bachelor's degree
• 3-5 Years of related experience
• Proficient PC skills including a strong competency in MS Excel and PowerPoint, and a variety of PC-based analytical and reporting software packages.
• Experience with the use of Relational Databases and the process of Extract Transform Load (ETL) using common languages such as SQL or SAS.
• Working knowledge of SAS Enterprise Miner, FICO Model Builder or Angoss Knowledge Seeker.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required to interpret data and draw conclusions.
• Experience in data modeling and risk management either from a business administration, statistical, mathematical, scientific or financial background.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong data warehouse experience
• Acquisition &/or Account Management experience
• Private label credit card experience
• Ability to be flexible in a fast paced environment
• Independent problem solver
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Credit Risk Officer II - Private Label Credit Cards