Solutions Design Specialist, Application Support
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by TD Bank Group
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit . Find TD Bank on Facebook at and on Twitter at .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit .
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Applications & Systems Development covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements.
There's room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to lead the creation of a comprehensive end-to-end detailed solution with overall accountability for the technical design and delivery of the System Design Specification (SDS). You'll be exposed to stretch assignments as you take on large-scale, complex and/or enterprise-wide projects.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of the business, broader organization, technical environment, standards, processes, tools, procedures, multiple programming languages, operating systems, solutions design and other relevant technology areas from a design/support/solutions perspective.
- Readiness and motivation to work autonomously in a lead capacity on a diverse range of activities (e.g. design, support of technical business solutions) and can be relied on to coach, educate and monitor the work of others.
- Primary subject matter expertise in multiple areas; you're seasoned in counselling clients and project teams on all aspects of research, analysis, design, hardware and software support, development of technical solutions and testing.
- Strength coaching and advising clients, partners and project teams, capable of being a internal expert resource in "technical information exchange".
- Commitment to and belief in the quality of your deliverables.
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
• Review, analyze, and create detailed technical documentation of business systems and user needs, including workflow, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer systems and/or programs.
• Define and document business requirements and business processes
• Coordinate the development of all approved versions of business and functional specifications for specified applications.
• Review use cases and other technical documents with IT project staff to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning documents.
• Communicate complex technical problems and solutions to business partners in clear, simple language they can understand and link back to business processes and requirements
• Ensure that System Requirements Specification (SRS) and Systems Design Specification (SDS) documents are agreed to and approved according to SDLC governance and guidelines and project timelines. This includes actively managing the approval and review processes and updating documentation timely as needed and/or escalating and raising risk awareness when approvals are delayed or not received to the appropriate Project and or Program Manager.
• Be familiar with the overall architecture and related design for the system(s) under development.
• Work with business partners to understand and analyze their project business requirements and processes.
• Provide support and consulting to business and technology project members to ensure requirements are properly considered through all phases, from analysis, design and testing through to implementation planning and roll out.
• Collaborate with developers and Solutions Architects to establish the technical vision while demonstrating an understanding of the business needs/requirements and being able to translate them into system/application and operational requirements.
• Act as a central point of contact for technical requirements through the life of the project.
• Work directly with appropriate Encore personnel to understand and define project concept, objectives and approach
• Work closely with Encore personnel and business partners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, service and/or program business processes.
• Assist in ensuring project deliverables are implemented on-time, on-budget, aligned to best practices, based on a standardized approach with the support of peer reviews.
• Provide leadership needed to instill a team-oriented, client-driven, results-driven team.
• Prepare routine reports
• Live Continuous Improvement by identifying opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the work group development at a high level.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
Preferred Qualifications - Here are the preferred qualifications for this role:
• Good working knowledge of Application support and management is essential.
• Advanced communications, problem-solving and decision making skills.
• Experience in moderate scale corporate systems analysis.
• Ability to work with systems users or potential users to develop system specifications and requirements, applying business systems knowledge to ensure relevant areas of research are addressed.
• Ability to translate user requirements into technical specifications with limited guidance.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.