Director, Facilities Planning and Management
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Carroll Community College
Director, Facilities Planning and Management
Carroll Community College seeks a full-time Director, Facilities Planning and Management.
This position is responsible for management and coordination of County owned and maintained facilities in conjunction with Carroll County staff. College facility management includes College maintenance, Environmental Services, auxiliary services, mail center and receiving, occupational safety, College-wide scheduling, Information Center, use of satellite locations, evening and weekend support activities and the capital building program. It reports to the Executive Vice President, Administration.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages and oversees campus facilities and grounds in conjunction with Carroll County Government.
- Serves as a liaison between the College and Carroll County Government in the day-to-day maintenance and operation of College facilities.
- Prepares the College's annual operating budget request to the Carroll County Government.
- Manages and oversees Mail/Receiving, Environmental Services, Information Center, Auxiliary Services and Occupational Safety to ensure each area is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Manages, coordinates, and oversees College administered campus renovation projects from initiation to completion. Duties include design, specifications, requests for proposal, bid documents and budget development, procurement of materials, local permitting, project coordination, inspection and compliance, invoice review and approval.
- Administers and manages College Maintenance and Environmental Services staff, facility set-up functions, and all associated duties. Establishes and maintains routine and preventative maintenance programs. Coordinates Maintenance and Environmental Services for satellite locations.
- Manages the operation of College-Wide supplies.
- Manages the operation of mail and special delivery services.
- Oversees and monitors the contractual outsourcing of the Bookstore, Copy Center, Vending Services and Food Service operations.
- Manages the operation of the Information Center including switchboard and frontline information and customer services.
- Develops and maintains relationships with local and State jurisdictions, vendors and contractors.
- Manages, coordinates and oversees Campus Master Plan as required by the State of Maryland.
- Manages, maintains and updates the facility database regarding campus square footage per Postsecondary Education Facilities Inventory and Classification (HEGIS Codes) including all space seating capacities.
- Manages and coordinates capital projects in conjunction with Carroll County Government and the State of Maryland. Acts as a liaison between agencies relative to capital building programs and project management.
- Contributes to the development of the College's Capital Improvement Program.
- Prepares and submits reports to the State of Maryland as required regarding campus inventory, Master Plan and capital improvements.
- Manages and administers SchoolDude, a facilities and operational management software program including Maintenance, Environmental Services and auxiliary services work orders, large asset and supply inventory management and preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Manages and oversees implementation and utilization of room information within the 25Live room scheduling and resource set-up software. Evaluates and recommends procedures for campus best practices. Monitor room utilization, set-up reports and accuracy of classroom information.
- Manages scheduling and approval of community users on campus ensuring compliance with the Community Use Policy. Manages scheduling of special events and various meetings on campus.
- Manages fixed assets for the College including physical inventory, new purchase inventory, and inventory reduction and disposition.
- Manages and maintains the key inventory campus wide.
- Manages purchase, maintenance and use policies of College fleet.
- Prepares documentation for the specification and purchase of all campus furnishings and various equipment to ensure highest quality, best price, and campus standardization.
- Administers and manages compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1991, as it pertains to renovations, furniture and fixtures.
- Administers and manages all programs and training for the College to ensure the College complies with local, State, and federal regulations including regulations relating to ADA, safety, health, building and environmental statutes and regulations pertinent to college facilities. .
- Administers and manages the contractual agreements between the College and the Carroll County Board of Education for school use as a satellite location when required.
- Maintains and updates a variety of Facilities Management procedures for the College including but not limited to vehicle use, key requests, maintenance requests, mail and receiving, environmental services, Information Center and occupational safety; ensures appropriate procedures are on the College's portal.
- Prepares and manages the budgets for all functions under the direction of Facilities Management.
- Works closely with Campus Police as a member of the Crisis Management Team.
- Responds immediately to building and safety emergencies, inclement weather issues, power outages, etc. on campus.
- Performs other administrative duties, including but not limited to budgeting, procurement, technical writing, and communication of information to the Executive Vice President of Administration.
Minimum Requirements to Perform Work:
- Bachelor's degree
- Five or more years of related experience.
- Preferred experience in an institution of higher learning.
- Balancing, climbing, crawling crouching
- Feeling, grasping
- Hearing, speaking, visual acuity
- Kneeling, standing, walking
- Lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching
- Mental Acuity
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; may involve different safety exposures when taking inventory or visiting renovation sites; involved in capital improvement plans; may use small equipment such as power tools and will need to follow proper use and storage of such tools; use of safe work place practices with office equipment; computers for word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; and observance of traffic signals when driving.
This position will be placed on the 12 month, Grade 14 college salary scale. Actual salary placement based on qualifications and experience. Position includes an excellent fringe benefit package. In order to qualify for employment, candidates must successfully complete a criminal background check.