Risk Management Specialist
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Carroll Community College
Risk Management Specialist
Carroll Community College seeks a full-time Risk Management Specialist.
- This position provides administrative support to the Executive Vice President of Administration, the Office of Risk Management, as well as support to the Director of Fiscal Affairs. This position reports to the Director, Risk Management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides administrative support to Executive Vice President of Administration, the Office of Risk Management, as well as the Director of Fiscal Affairs. First point of contact for office suite; schedules meetings; formats presentations, both PowerPoint and Word; formats budget documents, and prepares audit letters as assigned; prepares Board of Trustees exhibits as assigned; manages purchasing card statements for office; maintains files.
- Provides support in maintaining the College risk management insurance programs; tracks and reviews certificates of insurance from vendors; works with insurance agent to provide College COI's to clinical sites and vendors as required by contract; tracks and pays quarterly insurance premiums.
- Develops forms and procedures for review and approval of the Director of Risk Management.
- Tracks upcoming college events for compliance with college rules and regulation; provides guidance on required contracts/documents and insurance, e.g. food permits, comfort dogs, health fairs, etc.
- Maintains and updates the College's Administrative Procedures manual, Department sites and some committee sites on the Portal as assigned.
- Provides support for contract review; documents and tracks contract negotiation process to completion; maintains executed contract files.
- Serves as employees' first point of contact for the College's Workers Compensation Program; completes and reports First Reports of Injuries to insurance company; liaison with Worker's Compensation insurance carrier; follows employee treatment plan, return to work and accommodation authorization.
- Maintains OSHA log; posts OSHA 300 & 301 forms as required by law.
- Serves as the College's AED Coordinator; maintains college license by keeping the College in compliance with Maryland Institute of Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS) regulations; tracks expiration dates and orders AED supplies and equipment and schedules required maintenance checks.
- Oversees the College's BJ (wholesale club) account.
- Maintains and updates the Crisis Management manual and COOP books as assigned.
- Maintains and updates inclement weather procedures, including TV and radio contacts and authorized callers; posts procedures to classroom bulletin boards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements to Perform Work:
- High school diploma and four or more years of related experience. (Associates Degree preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Worker's Compensation preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Must be positive, cooperative and supportive
- Detail oriented - able to provide quality review and oversight of contracts, documents, communications
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Multi-tasking skills - able to prioritize and handle multiple projects and assignments