Senior Marketing Executive - National Subscriptions
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Reach plc
Here at Reach plc we are looking for a Senior Marketing Executive to manage the implementation of the UK Nationals subscription schemes both print and digital (Mirror, Express & OK!). The successful candidate will be responsible for creating new initiatives and monitoring performance on subscriptions and assisting in the management of a range of marketing communications (events / experiential, radio, social, online etc) to meet the key business objectives.
We are seeking someone with experience in magazine publishing, in particular, marketing subscriptions for both digital and print that can create, manage and creatively deliver sales promotions across the Nationals portfolio that increase newspaper sales cost-effectively.
We are Reach, because that's what we do
Reach plc is the largest national and regional news publisher in the UK, with influential and iconic brands such as mirror, the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, Daily Star, OK! and market leading regional titles and websites including the Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, Birmingham Mail and Bristol Post. The role of Marketing Manager will work across the UK Nationals titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and we have a bigger online monthly audience than all our competitors including Mail Online and News UK.
Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Experience in magazine publishing, in particular, marketing subscriptions (print and digital) is preferable.
- Proven track record in working collaboratively with a range of senior commercial and editorial stakeholders across a range of campaigns both brand, promotional and commercial.
- Familiarity in working with the PR / Communications function.
- The candidate will be proficient in using a range of digital marketing tools.
- Good understanding of the Reach brands, products and audience.
- Proven track record in delivering, managing and tracking a range of successful digital marketing campaigns.
- Good analytical skills
- Clear and effective communicator who is at ease presenting to a range of audiences.
- Able to grasp complex scenarios and deliver clear solutions quickly.
- Proven track record in management skills and ability managing/developing junior members.
- A proactive and can-do attitude, willing to try new things and raise the bar.
- Ability to write to a high standard with excellent grammatical skills.
- Can remain calm under pressure and able to organise their time to manage multiple campaigns at the same time.
The Ideal Candidate
- A self-starting individual, who prepared to go above and beyond their industry peers in service levels to our client base
- Has a clear drive and tenacity with a real focus on proactivity that is regularly showcased back to the team and line management
- Has acumen and desire to provide excellence in everything we do internally with systems and billings, and externally with representation and service levels
- A natural curiosity to get involved in our own business, and increase exposure with agency planning teams and clients
- Be knowledgeable and continually up to date on our unique portfolio: National, Regional, Digital & Magazines
- Able to act as an ambassador for Reach plc
We strongly believe the people we work alongside is one of our biggest benefits to working here at Reach Solutions. The sense of community, and working as one team is paramount to our success and employee satisfaction on a daily basis. You will also gain the additional benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Company Pension scheme.
- Access to a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits inc holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans, discounted cinema and retail vouchers and an employee assistance programme.
- Onsite Gym
- One of the best skyline views of London you can get as your backdrop every day!
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application. Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at