Fitting / Installation Manager / Fitting Coordinator
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Bluetownonline Ltd
Job Title: Fitting / Installation Manager
Salary: £25,000 circa dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (Monday to Friday plus alternate Saturday mornings)
The Company is a well-established company based in Nottingham working with domestic and commercial clients throughout Nottinghamshire and surrounding areas.
They have a reputation in the local community for manufacturing and supplying some of the highest quality fencing around. From concrete posts and gravel boards, to fence panels and gates, they provide everything their customers need to transform their outside spaces.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and ambitious fitter looking to move into management or a current team leader looking for a new challenge.
This is a challenging and dynamic role which requires energy and attention to detail. You will not only help manage the day-to-day operations of a busy yard, you'll also deliver great customer service, inspire and motivate your team to get the best out of them. As a manager you will report to the managing Director and be required to work closely with the fitting teams over seeing their work and coordinating the teams to meet the customers' requirements.
As a key member of the management team, you will be an all-round expert in creating brilliant customer experiences. You have to make sure every area works well together.
Main duties will include:
- Control and overseeing the work of the fitting teams
- Control and maintain accurate logs of all customer payments, chase payments when required
- Assist the fitting teams in ensuring they have correct materials and equipment for each job offering help/guidance and training when required
- Maintain and improve standards of craftsmanship and tidiness
- Demonstrate leadership skills and maintains good relationship with the fitting team
- Survey on site domestic gardens & land, assessing works to be carried out and identifying any issues
- Liaise with customers over quotes supplied
- Allocate the correct jobs to correct fitting teams, taking account of the skills and experience of the fitting teams
- Brief fitters on each job and routinely monitor the quality of works completed
- Draw plans / diagrams and draft quotations of each job
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices
- Conforming to company health and safety procedures and policies
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and proactive approach to ensure the needs of the business and customers are met
- A full UK driving licence
- Experience in the fencing or similar sectors both the manufacturing of materials and fitting
- A passion for ensuring customers receive a great end-to-end experience
- Experience of maximising sales and turnover or a willingness to learn
- A perfectionist when it comes to cleanliness and presentation of the finished works on site
- Lead from the front with regards to their core values, principles and high expectations
- Conversant with Health & Safety rules, regulations and best practices
- Ability to priorities workload and maintain concise records and customer files
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Experience of managing and motivating a team
- Good I Skills
They will provide ongoing training on top of a full induction and career development opportunities as they want you to keep growing with them.
All candidates must be currently eligible to both live and work in the United Kingdom, there are no sponsorship opportunities for this role.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Installation Engineer, Installation Manger, Installation Team Leader, Installation Team Manager, Installation Team Coordinator, Fitting Manger, Fitting Coordinator, Handyperson, Conservatory Fitting, Conservatory Fitter, Window Fitting, Window Fitter, Carpenter, Fencer, Safety Fencing Installers, Groundworkers, Machine Tool Fitter may also be considered for this role.