Social Work Co-ordinator
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Turning Tides
Social Work Co-ordinator
Worthing, West Sussex (office/field based, covering Worthing, Adur, Littlehampton, Horsham and East Grinstead)
Established in 1991, Turning Tides is a community-led charity dedicated to ending homelessness. We empower homeless or insecurely housed individuals to achieve sustainable independent living.
We have gone from supporting a handful of people in the coastal town of Worthing to providing a range of services to over 1,700 people in Worthing, Adur, Littlehampton, Horsham and Mid Sussex. We have over 5,000 supporters, 300 volunteers and 100 staff members to date.
Now, we're looking for a Social Work Co-ordinator to join us in Worthing and make a real difference to service users and their children as they transition from homelessness to independent living.
- Salary of £27,022 per annum
- Play a vital role in the success of a community-led organisation
- 25 days' holiday (increasing up to 28 with service) plus Bank Holidays
This is an amazing chance for a HCPC registered social work professional with experience in cases involving child protection and vulnerable adults to take on a fresh challenge with our charity that is changing the face of social work across West Sussex.
With our history of success coupled with our local knowledge, you can rest assured that we know where to put our resources and people to ensure that the best, most impactful services are delivered. Your expertise will allow us to continue to provide incredible solutions to vulnerable people and make a real difference to their lives and the lives of their children.
As a Social Work Co-ordinator, you will deliver intervention and support to people using our services as well as advising and supporting colleagues who are working with at risk and marginalised individuals.
Reporting to the Head of Residential Services, you will ensure that service users' needs are met and are in compliance with the Care Act 2014. You will build relationships across the community, work with both parents and children and help people to navigate the social care system to achieve positive outcomes.
You will also be responsible for:
- Delivering mandatory safeguarding training to staff and volunteers
- Co-ordinating social work student placements
- Acting as the Practice Supervisor and educator for placements (if/once qualified)
- Managing a caseload of service users delivering psychosocial interventions to maximise positive outcomes
- Taking the lead in safeguarding cases, ensuring rapid response, support and risk mitigation
To be considered as a Social Work Co-ordinator, you will need:
- Experience of applying social work training in complex cases including those involving child protection and vulnerable adults
- A proven track record of involving service users in the delivery of services
- Experience of multi-agency working and influencing key stakeholders
- A current Social Work Qualification
- A current registration with HCPC
Other organisations may call this role Social Work Co-ordinator, Social Worker, Social Care Co-ordinator, Social Work Practitioner, Social Care Practitioner, Adult Care Co-ordinator, Family Social Worker, Child Protection Worker, or Adult Services Co-ordinator.
Webrecruit and Turning Tides are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applications for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to make an impact and do something outstanding with your career as a Social Work Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.