Financial Reporting Manager
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Inzpire Ltd
Financial Reporting Manager - Job Brief
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Relevant Experience: ACA / ACCA / CIMA finalist or newly qualified
Salary: Up to £40,000 depending on experience and qualification
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 08:00am - 5.00pm, with one hour daily lunch break.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our rapidly-growing business in Lincoln. You will report to the Financial Controller (FC) and will provide guidance to two individuals within the Finance Team.
You will be instrumental in delivering management information, statutory reporting and be involved in the more commercial aspects of the finance function, including proposal writing and pricing as an active member of bid teams.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Management of month-end process including:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for 3 entities
- Preparation of consolidated management accounts including cash flow
- Preparation of monthly project profitability and divisional profitability analysis
- Preparation of reporting pack to Investors with appropriate analysis
- Supporting the FC with the Board pack
- Support the FC with the management of the budgetary cycle including inputting into a fully integrated financial model (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow) and reporting tools
- Preparation of Annual Statutory Accounts and Interim Reports under IFRS
- Preparing pricing and structuring proposal responses (knowledge of procurement Single Source Regulations would be an advantage)
- Supporting the company divisions with financial information and guidance
- Supporting the FC in ad hoc tasks such as: updating financial policy and procedure notes
- Providing financial and commercial support including analysis of project profitability; and attending meetings on behalf of the FC or FD where necessary.
We are looking for a newly qualified or ACA/ACCA/CIMA finalist with good technical accounting knowledge who will quickly take ownership of the management and statutory reporting process from the FC. You will be a dynamic, credible and 'hands on' professional, who demonstrates a 'can-do' attitude and is pre-emptive and enthusiastic, with the ability to be an effective and confident communicator across all levels of our organisation.
In addition, you will demonstrate commercial acumen, financial modelling skills and high level capability in Microsoft Office Packages. Experience of using and administering Sage 200 accounting software package would be advantageous.
This is very much a role for a dedicated individual, who is adaptable to change as the Company grows, with excellent organisation skills, attention to detail and a consistent track record in their current position.
Inzpire Limited is a highly innovative and rapidly growing technology company who design, develop and deliver some of the world's most advanced aviation related training, products and services from our modern office in Lincoln. We have been a Sunday Times '100 Best Small Companies to Work For' employer for each of the last 4 years and in April 2014 Her Majesty the Queen graciously awarded Inzpire the UK's highest business award, the 'Queen's Award for Enterprise in Innovation' in recognition of our outstanding GECO family of high integrity, app based aviation tablet products. We have been crowned as the 'Most Innovative Company in the East Midlands' by the Government's 'Business is Great' campaign and won both the 'Product of the Year' and 'Global Ambitions' awards at the 2017 Lincolnshire Digital & Tech Awards.
Our team consists of very experienced and highly capable aviators together with outstanding software developers, engineers and commercial staff working together in a friendly, focused Small to Medium Enterprise with a mature 'can do' work ethic. Our central business functions are located in an easily accessible, bright, modern Head Office to the West of Lincoln alongside our Mission Systems team while the majority of operational specialists within our managed services divisions are embedded alongside our military customers.
If you pride yourself on personal accountability, want a role where there is nowhere to hide, but plenty of space for you to stand out, and you are looking to forge a successful career in a dynamic expanding company, this is the role for you. In return we offer a generous benefits package that includes 30 days paid holiday plus 8 days Bank Holidays per year; private medical insurance; private dental insurance; death in service and business travel insurance; company contributions into a Group Personal Pension Scheme; funded role specific training; financial assistance with Continuing Professional Development courses; and an annual Profit and Performance Related Pay scheme. The Company also participates in tax efficient Cycle to Work and Charitable Giving schemes.
If you have the required background and are interested in joining a high performing team supporting the delivery of exceptional award-winning aviation products and services to our customers, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We genuinely recognise the benefits of a diverse and inclusive working environment and are also a proud and supportive signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant.