Planner Buyer Manager
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Harris Lord Recruitment
This role is responsible for contributing to the Manufacturing Planning/Buying Strategy and effectively deploying within the department and Defining, Leading and Developing the Annual Planning Buying Tactic Plan for the Site
* Contribute to the Manufacturing Planning/Buying Strategy and effectively deploy within the department
* Define, Lead and Develop the functions' Annual Tactic Plan and ensure its effective deployment to drive performance within the Planning/Buying Production function. To be actively involved in the budgeting, capacity planning and business planning processes. To work within the production plan, ensuring the product is delivered on time to meet customer demand
* Monitor the alignment of the Planning/Buying Production Strategic and Tactic Plan with overall Manufacturing Strategy site and in the context of the Global Manufacturing Strategy deployment
* Deploy, deliver, measure and analyse Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and taking corrective actions where needed. Responsible for accurate, complete and timely reporting on agreed KPIs and other relevant items (e.g. holding regular DQTs and send monthly reports). Develop and own the department expense budget, providing forecasts in line with corporate requirements
* Manage, forecast and control budgets and overall levels of manufacturing inventory (Raw Materials, WIP, GIT)
* Review MES and Manufacturing orders and take action to align them to ensure labour and material control is maintained
* Liaise frequently and participate in meetings to represent interests of the Planning/Buying department within the Manufacturing Management Team and with departments Production, Manufacturing Engineering (incl. Lean), Warehouse, Manufacturing IGI & (S)QC (Incoming Goods Inspection and (Supplier) Quality Control) and stakeholders
* Manage the relationship with inbound and outbound logistics supplier and overseeing this activity
Experience & Knowledge
* Bachelor degree in Business Studies or equivalent combination of education and work experience is essential
* Professional qualifications in Operations management desirable
* Manage and develop staff capabilities within the Planning/Buying function so as to meet the business needs and long term development of the organisation. To review the performance, the training, and the development needs for the staff at least on an annual basis.
* Effectively deploy resources to meet business needs, promoting cross-functional, cross-organisational, cross-regional collaboration and a performance/efficiency culture across Planning/Buying.
* Ensure the strategy of the function is cascaded successfully to direct reports and that their objectives effectively reflect the focus areas and direction of the function
* Promote a creative, dynamic, empowered and open work environment, integrating the company values throughout the Planning/Buying function
* Extensive business experience with a focus on manufacturing in an advanced technology/industrial environment with high demands on quality essential
* Track record of (change) management experience in an international environment with cross culture/location management is desirable
* Experience of production scheduling and planning using ERP systems essential
* Understanding the business environment and outlining where it impacts on Supply Chain Planning preferred
* Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement principles preferred
If you are interested in apply for this role, please click apply now!
Harris Lord is acting as an employment agency for this role.
Buying, materials control, planner, planning, buying, buyer, demand, supply, supply chain, ERP, MRP, manager, operations, supply chain manager, purchasing manager, manager, director, senior