Assistant Demand Planner
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Bluetownonline Ltd
Job Title: Assistant Demand Planner
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time (37 hours per week)
A long established company in designing and manufacturing. The emphasis has and continues to be on fantastic customer care throughout the company. They pride themselves on their company values to which each and every member of the team, throughout the company can relate and these help keep the customer at the heart of the business. They have high expectations for their people, are fast paced and need someone who has energy and enthusiasm!!
They currently have a position for an Assistant Demand Planner who will work with their Demand Planning Manager. This role will give you a great opportunity to be involved with one of their major customers to develop your skills and knowledge in a supportive work environment. You'll need to be able to work well under pressure and to tight timescales to deliver top quality work and they'll expect you to be able to manage your own priorities. If you've had some prior experience then that would be great but if not and you can demonstrate some of the skills listed they'd like to hear from you.
- Supporting the Demand Planning Manager
- To compile and deliver all the relevant operational reports to the customer.
- On forecasting of the demand across all areas of customer stock supported ranges
- Working to achieve a 98% stock availability
- Creating weekly/monthly rolling demand forecasts
- Raising purchase orders to suppliers and ensure on time delivery of all requirements
- Dealing with customer stock enquiries and resolving using problem solving
- Creating great communication between departments through the company, working closely with the warehouse team
- Involvement in planning and introduction of new product, liaising with other departments
- Customer visits as required.
The backbone of this role is having the ability to work at a fast pace and produce timely analysis and reporting mainly in Excel. You'll need a strong analytical ability and the openness to expand your IT ability to work with their operating system.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of demand planning principles and Inventory management principles
- GCSE Maths & GCSE English Grade B or above
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office, particularly with Excel
- Evidence of well-practised communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to record information in a concise, accurate and legible manner, as appropriate
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage own workload.
- Proven ability of organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical reasoning & problem solving
- Supply chain experience
- Own car and full driving license
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
- A-level Maths grade C or above
- Degree in supply chain related discipline
- Understanding of the textiles industry
- Understanding of Asia based supply chains
- Experience of working within or in supplying a large national retailer
- Working knowledge of Epicor
Benefits of the company:
- Early finish on a Friday
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, increased with length of service
- Pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Company sick pay
- Voluntary staff savings scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Death in service benefit
- Staff awards scheme
- Social events through the year for staff and families
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Purchasing Analyst, Supply Chain Assistant, Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Supply Chain Analyst, Purchasing Assistant, Forecasting Analyst, Forecasting Assistant, Demand Planning Analyst, Demand Planner may also be considered for this role.