Sales Manager - FMCG Food
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Root2Recruitment
SALES MANAGER - FMCG FOOD -SEAFOOD
SALARY - £Excellent (DOE) + company car + phone
Are you a dynamic sales professional with experience from within seafood, fresh produce, meat or similar environment? Do you want the autonomy to make the role your own yet working as part of a friendly supportive team? Are you passionate about what you do and have a knowledge of market opportunities available?
Our client, one of the world's leading global suppliers of seafood is looking to appoint an ambitious, self-starting Sales Manager. The role will be challenging yet rewarding and offers exceptional progression prospects.
This exciting position will involve building a portfolio of national seafood accounts within retail or independent wholesale.
You will be based from offices in Louth, Lincolnshire but there will be the necessity to visit clients throughout the UK.
The company is part of a multinational group of companies with global seafood processing and sourcing facilities. One of their main strengths is a very well established internal supply chain that gives the business a unique position in the market place.
Join this dynamic and well-established business and you will become an important member of a team of highly professional, motivated and positive individuals.
- Identify and develop clients within major retail or food service wholesale
- Establish new business relationships, an existing portfolio of clients and network of connections would be a distinct advantage
- Assist in the development of sales plans and forecasts
- Management reporting
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has already established themselves in their particular sector and is looking for a genuine career move. Consideration will also be given to applicants who have either a trading or procurement / purchasing background within the seafood industry. Specific requirements are as follows:
- Experience of working within the food or FMCG sector. Seafood experience is an advantage
- Experience working with retailers or food service wholesalers
- A positive can-do attitude with strong prioritising skills
- IT literate- able to work with spreadsheets
- Commercially & Culturally aware
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Enjoys working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of building excellent relationships with new customers
The ideal candidate may currently be working as a Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Account Manager, Area Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Seafood Buyer, Seafood Trader, Fish Sales, FMCG, fruit & veg, meat sales, wholesale or similar. You may be living in or looking to relocate to Louth, Grimsby, Hull, Lincoln, Newark, Skegness, Mablethorpe, Horncastle, Woodhall Spa and surrounding areas.