Senior Project Manager
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by National Foundation for Educational Research
Senior Project Manager
Are you hands-on, driven and looking to take your next step up as a Senior Project Manager? Want to lead a challenging and fast-paced portfolio of projects that will help children and young people get the best education possible? If so, read on.
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced, pragmatic project manager to make a positive, lasting impact with a leading charity.
About NFER (National Foundation for Educational Research)
With a 70-year history, NFER is an independent and highly respected charity that carries out research within education. Our robust and innovative research, assessment, and other services are widely known and used. We have a reputation as an organisation that informs policy and practice, helping to ensure the best possible education for children and young people.
About The Role
As the Senior Project Manager, you'll support the operational delivery of a wide range of educational projects. In this important role, you'll join a committed, highly-skilled team who are passionate about improving education and outcomes for children and young people.
Joining the Research & Product Operations (RPO) Department, you will work on large scale test trials, international studies, Randomised Control Trials, marking projects, event-based projects, as well as a suite of products for schools and others.
Specifically, you will:
- Line manage a team
- Oversee a range of complex projects at any one time
- Manage assessment trials, event-based projects, surveys and e-assessment projects
- Write reports and proposals and pitch for projects via competitive tendering
- Manage budgets and control costs
To join us as our Senior Project Manager, you'll need:
- Large scale, complex operational project management experience
- Excellent MS Excel skills and the ability to learn and utilise technology with ease
- A degree (or equivalent) which included a numerical and/or technical element
- Salary of £41,703 - £46,936 per annum
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 30 days' holiday per year plus Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
Located close to Windsor and Slough town centre, we offer a pleasant office environment surrounded by green space that's just 15 minutes from London Paddington and an easy drive from the M4 and M40.
We'd love to hear from you if you've worked as a Senior Project Delivery Manager, Programme Manager, Educational Project Manager, Programme Delivery Manager or Project Manager.
The closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 3rd February.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Senior Project Manager, apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bright Executive Recruitment
PSR Contract Solutions
Currie & Brown Uk Limited
William Alexander Recruitment Ltd
XCEDE Recruitment Solutions Ltd