Housing Development Manager
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Coastline Housing Limited
Housing Development Manager
Redruth, Cornwall (with occasional travel to development sites, primarily in Cornwall)
Do you have a strong background in construction, regeneration or property development? Looking to take the next step in your career with a successful not-for-profit organisation? If so, read on.
We are Coastline Housing, an independent, not-for-profit housing association owning and managing over 4,300 homes. Built on strong values of putting our customers first, transparency, striving to be the best and valuing our staff, we are dedicated to providing great homes, delivering great services and employing great people.
We are Investors in People Silver accredited, a Top 100 Best Not-for-Profit organisation to work for, and we've been voted number 25 in the top 50 Landlords list.
Due to internal promotion, we're now looking for a Housing Development Manager to support the delivery of our housing development programme.
- Salary of up to £50,198 per annum
- Relocation allowance (if required)
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- High street discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
This is a brilliant opportunity to develop your career with an organisation committed to building amazing homes for communities throughout Cornwall.
You will have the chance to drive the success of current programmes, as well as implementing new initiatives to build on our existing work.
As a Housing Development Manager, you will help to oversee the housing development programme.
Joining a team of three, you will deliver a range of large and complex affordable housing and open market-led projects and area-based programmes, both for Coastline Housing and development agency clients.
You'll source and acquire land, manage planning applications, negotiate build contracts and oversee on-site delivery.
Your duties will involve:
- Project managing and implementing approved schemes
- Managing consultants and external contractors
- Swiftly responding to any issues that may delay builds
- Helping the Head of Development & Sales to research and implement new initiatives
To join us as a Housing Development Manager, you'll need:
- Extensive experience of working in the construction, regeneration or property development sector
- Previous experience of successfully managing technical and professional staff and consultants
- Experience and knowledge of Homes England procedures
- A track record of managing significant project budgets according to strict targets
- Experience of assessing project risks and viability and producing risk management strategies
- A full, valid driving licence
Other companies may call this role Construction Project Manager, Housing Regeneration Manager, Construction Programme Manager, Housing Programme Manager, Housing Development Project Manager or Housing Development Programme Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 4th February 2019, with interviews scheduled to be held on the 11th and 13th February 2019.
Webrecruit and Coastline Housing are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Housing Development Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week