Infrastructure Project Manager
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Pontoon
Infrastructure Project Manger
Management of a number of projects from initiation to completion that deliver business change and subsequent benefits. Achieved by leveraging the range of resources and experience across the full IS function whilst influencing key stakeholders to achieve successful delivery.
- Managing projects within a business function utilising all available resources and business relationships
- Works with business consultants to ensure delivery of project deliverables from Start up to the end of the project life cycle
- Lead teams adhering to project governance. Has a depth of knowledge to ensure predictable and unexpected complexities are effectively managed through stakeholder influence & management.
- Managing dependencies, risks, plans, costs and resourcing for each project and dependencies across interlinked projects
- Ensures that the project offers a range of options and implements a change which achieves the objectives that have been set and that the business benefits are realised
- Make use of full methodology and techniques autonomously for self and to supervise and advise others on appropriate approach.
- Ensures that projects are shaped for successful delivery
- Ensures the quality and timeliness of that project investment papers
- Operate as a role model for Valued Business Partner, championing similar behaviours across IS
A good extensive knowledge of the business and IS strategy and drivers for the project. Has proven leadership, relationship, communication and presentation skills. A good history of delivering IT projects in a complex multi-vendor infrastructure landscape in both regulated and unregulated business environments.
Technical understanding and significant exposure of CNI IS infrastructure including networking methodologies and protocols.
Understands business policies, management structures and reporting procedures for all aspects of the project's environment.
Demonstrate the Valued Business Partner capabilities and behaviours in all interactions with IS Colleagues, vendors and business stakeholders.
Experience in delivering infrastructure work packages as part of large construction projects across the UK and into Europe.