Senior System Administrator
Posted on Jan 30, 2019 by Preferred Systems Solutions
TETRA CONCEPTS, a PSS Company, is actively seeking 2 Senior System Administrators to join our growing team located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
TS/SCI with polygraph (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required.
This position is for a Sr. System Administrator to provide mission applications focused expertise for the IT user. The successful candidate will:
· Interact effectively, courteously, and directly with the user to resolve technical issues and respond to queries and requests for service that originate by telephone, web-based portals, email, or other methods.
· Read, write and implement standard operating procedures and technical documentation and assist with installation and configuration of new software applications.
· Support the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
The candidate must possess a working knowledge of computer operations, platforms, systems, architectures, functions, and terminology and assist with transition of new technologies into the Enterprise service environment and be able to work independently to triage issues and prioritize task
Minimum Required Skills/Experience
· TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
· Bachelor's Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
· 10 years System Administration experience. An additional 4+ years of System Administration experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 14 years.
· Experience and knowledge in the following areas:
§ Bash scripting
§ Network protocols
§ Port management
§ Firewalls (includes iptables)
§ Virtual Machine (VM) implementation and management
§ SSH, PKI
· Experience configuring servers, networks, and storage
· Understanding of NIAGARAFILES
· Experience operating within the cloud, preferable with Amazon Web Services (AWS) components.
· Experience in integrating and troubleshooting distributed systems in a Linux environment.
· Experience with log management (syslog, rsyslog, syslog-ng)
· Experience with OS performance tuning and Linux security
· Background in scalable architectures, data flow management, and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
· Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task and work independently with minimum supervision to meet deadlines
· Proficiency in Python
· DevOps experience
About Tetra Concepts, a PSS Company:
Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc. (PSS) is a recognized leader in providing Information Technology, Engineering Services, Program Management, and Consulting Services. For over 20 years, PSS has enabled Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. PSS provides a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing local Federal sector workforce. Tetra Concepts is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PSS, and is located in our Columbia, MD office!
Our various customers include: US Army, US Navy, DLA, NAVAIR, DOE, DOS, VA, USDA, TRANSCOM, FBI, DHS, DIA, NGA, GSA, AMBC, DOT and the DOC.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory