Skilled Warehouse Operative
Posted on Jan 30, 2019 by Anonymous
* £22,635 - £24,900 per annum.
* Temporary - Permanent.
* Based in the Rotherham S63 area.
* You will deputise for the warehouse supervisor when required to do so.
* You will be responsible for up to 20 members of staff.
* You will work within the company's policies and procedures and make decisions regarding the control of the Picking and Despatch Operation.
* You will ensure that all warehouse operatives on shift are briefed on a regular basis.
* You will ensure that the daily workload is completed on time.
* You will ensure that all health and safety directives are communicated and adhered to at all time.
* You will ensure a good understanding of the warehouse automated system and warehouse management system, providing 'trouble shooting' support where required, to resolve problems.
* You will ensure that all warehouse administration is complete, compiled correctly and presented on time.
* You will effectively communicate with all warehouse supervisors and other team leaders at the change shift to ensure that colleagues are aware of any outstanding tasks.
* You will be responsible for implementing operational procedure training for all staff.
* You will perform all warehouse activities including tube operation.
* You are required to have a minimum of 2 years' experience of working in a warehouse environment.
* You must have knowledge of stock control systems.
* You are required have knowledge of health and safety legislation/regulations.
* You must be able to work with minimal supervision.
* You are expected to be able to work on your own initiative and be a methodical worker.
* It is essential that you are a good communicator and are confident to hold team briefs.
* You must actively participate in training and be able train other member of staff.
* You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* You will need to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
* You should demonstrate personal commitment and problem-solving skills.
* It is essential that you can prioritise and organise your own work load.
* You must be highly motivated (self-starting) and robust.
* You must have the ability to work flexibly to meet key deliverables.
* It is essential that you can problem solve efficiently and effectively.
* It is required that you have FLT licenses and experience.
LICENSES AND EXPERIENCE
* You must have an in-date, valid FLT counterbalance license.
* You must have an in-date, valid FLT reach truck license
* You must have an in-date, valid Very Narrow Aisle truck license.
* You must have an in-date, valid Pedestrian Pallet Truck license.
* You must have an in-date, valid side loader/ four-way truck license.
Monday - Friday: 2 Rotating shifts.
* Days: 06:00 - 14:00
* Afternoons: 14:00 - 22:00
You must have a flexible approach to the hours of work as this is essential to meet the requirements of the business.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
* Car Park.
* Kitchen Facilities.
This Rotherham based company is a well-known and respected leading manufacturer. They have a well-earned reputation through having a total dedication to quality, innovation and customer service that's been the hallmark of the company since it was established in the 1890's.
ABOUT INDUSTRIAL PERSONNEL
Industrial Personnel have been successfully placing candidates into jobs for 23 years. We are only as good as the last vacancy we filled. We believe in deeds, not words. Our in-house specialists can offer advice on everything from CV preparation to interview techniques.
What we do is simple; we place people in work. We have unrivalled success because we care about those people, and those that they work for….
Executive Search and Selection
Distribution & Logistics