Posted on Jan 30, 2019 by AJ Bell Ltd
Salary: Up to £55k (dependent on experience)
Benefits: Staff bonus, matched pension contribution, 3x death in service, study support scheme, onsite gym and more
Looking to develop a career with an award winning business in the financial services industry? AJ Bell could have just the opportunity for you.
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £46.1 billion and more than 197,900 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London.
Our aim is to be to a market-leading provider of investment products and administration services in the execution-only and adviser markets.
We are now recruiting a Project Manager to be responsible for the timely and effective delivery of business and technology based projects, in support of AJ Bell's strategic objectives. The role is for an experienced Project Manager, responsible for the entire delivery life cycle; from inception through to go-live and post implementation. Projects are predominantly technology led with an emphasis on financial regulation therefore experience of financially regulated environment is essential. Deliverables must meet the key requirements of Proposition, Service and Price at the heart of The AJ Bell Way and in line with the guiding principles.
- To effectively deliver identified projects which meet AJ Bell's strategic objectives, often with a strong emphasis on financial regulation, particularly those in direct support of our Technology Services department.
- Delivery of projects that cover multiple sites, functions and suppliers.
- Work with Technology Services delivery teams using Agile delivery methods.
- Support key stakeholders throughout the business and Technology Services in the development of business cases and agreement of project objectives.
- To ensure delivery meets the scope set out in the Terms of Reference.
- Produce and manage project budgets.
- Establish and ensure delivery to appropriate and timely project plans.
- Help project sponsors deliver projects effectively and efficiently.
- Manage change control effectively.
- Support TS management in identification and management of technology, business and consumer outcome risks.
- Efficiently establish, maintain and manage appropriate project documentation as per established Project Management processes and/or as required by sponsors, stakeholders and executive management board.
- Regular reporting on status to project stakeholders and executive management board.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders, plus 3rd party suppliers.
- Co-ordinate and drive collaboration of project resources to get the best from project team members.
- Chair project meetings and ensure decisions and actions are recorded.
- Carry out other tasks as allocated by members of Technology Services Management.
Competence, knowledge and skills:
- Ability to quickly understand highly technical topics.
- Experience in delivering complex IT orientated projects, across multiple sites and functions, mixing internal IT development with 3rd party vendor development.
- Experience of delivering in a financially regulated environment.
- Pragmatic approach to delivery of initiatives.
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner certification.
Knowledge & skills:
- Experience of solution development and the SDLC.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and manage effective relationships.
- Good business/commercial knowledge.
- Analytical skills/problem solving.
- Staff management skills.
- Effective time management.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Knowledge of SAFe would be beneficial.
- Good financial services industry knowledge (pensions, investments and stockbroking would be beneficial).
In return we will provide all the training and support you need in order to develop within your role.
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers. As well as state-of-the-art work areas, the office also has its own gym, relaxed break-out zones, a roof terrace, a dining area and a lounge which transforms into a bar for staff once a month.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year which are open to all employees.
You will also have access to free onsite gym with a range of classes.
Currie & Brown Uk Limited
Clear IT Recruitment Limited
Michael Page Holdings
General Dynamics United Kingdom Ltd