Advocacy Support Officer
Posted on Jan 30, 2019 by Sandwell Advocacy
Job Title: Advocacy Support Officer
Salary: £7,465 - £7,605 (16 hours per week)
Responsible to: Senior Independent Advocate and The Project Co-
- To provide an Advocacy Support Service to residents of council funded care homes in Sandwell, assisting them to complete service quality monitoring questionnaires to ensure that accurate and unbiased views of standards of care may be ascertained and reported to the Council's Contract & Monitoring Officer
- To ensure adherence to the terms of the Contract between Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council and Sandwell Advocacy in respect of the Advocacy Support Service
- To provide sensitive advocacy support to assist residents of Nursing, Residential, Extra Care, and Day Care Units with completion of service user questionnaire
- To adhere to the work programme provided by Sandwell Council, ensuring that support visits take place within the prescribed periods
- To liaise with care home managers to plan visits and ensure that all residents have the opportunity to meet the Officer
- To ensure that accurate and unbiased views of services are ascertained from residents on the appropriate questionnaires, with any issues or incidents which the Officer deems to be relevant to the safety and well-being of the residents being recorded.
- To offer all residents the opportunity to complete a questionnaire and to support the residents individually in this process, when requested to, or when necessary. Such support will be offered in a sensitive and supportive manner and carried out discreetly and in confidence.
- To provide support under the Care Act 2014 at the point of raising a safeguarding alert, where needed, and ensure that individuals are fully involved and understand the safeguarding process from first point of contact to resolution/closure of the case.
- To submit appropriate returns, together with relevant questionnaires, to the Contracts and Monitoring Officer, within 10 working days of each visit. The papers must be delivered in person or sent recorded delivery to arrive within the prescribed timescale
- To ensure that collection, storage and release of information complies with all relevant legislation, particularly the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018.
- To prepare, when requested by the Project Co-ordinator, reports and data summaries for relevant parties
- To undertake all tasks in a manner that is sensitive to the needs and dignity of older people
- To carry out all duties in line with policies of Sandwell Advocacy, particularly in relation to Health & Safety, Complaints, Confidentiality, Equal Opportunities, Diversity and Protection of Vulnerable Adults
- To undertake relevant training as required
- To carry out other duties, commensurate with post, as may from time to time be assigned by the Project Co-ordinator