Mobile Application Developer (Flutter, Android or iOS)
Posted on Nov 4, 2022 by Michael Page Technology
As a Mobile Application Developer (Flutter, Android or iOS) you will be working within a fast paced, Agile (Scrum & Kanban), cross-functional delivery team. You will be required to support the delivery of the client's mobile application by engaging in re-writes and the ongoing support of mobile applications. This role will require strong previous experience working Flutter within Android and iOS.
My client is one of the largest Oil and Gas businesses in the world with offices in Surrey, the successful applicant will be required to go into the office twice a week.
My Surrey based Oil and Gas client is looking for a Mobile Application Developer (Flutter, Android or iOS) to engage in the following:
- Investigate and fix any bugs that may arise in live applications
- Work closely with the service owner and architect on the re-writes of mobile applications into Flutter
- Work closely with the service owner and the business in developing new features for mobile applications
- Support the development lead and architect in ensuring there is clear documentation of technical solutions in the form of ReadMe files and support the service owner with any additional non-functional documentation as and when required
- Supporting the service owner and development lead by providing work estimations and rough order of magnitude (RoM) time frames for development work and issue resolution
- Ensuring development best practice is followed at all times
- Working with the tester and wider development team in periodic reviews/testing of live applications
- Work with the digital security team and wider mobile applications team to ensure all security risks are re mediated, as and when they are identified by the digital security team and/internal team members
- Working closely with and supporting the QA function by writing clear test cases for development outputs
- Work with and support the publishing function to ensure pipeline integrity from build through to deployment, in addition to providing any technical support required with app build issues
To be considered for this Mobile Application Developer (Flutter, Android or iOS) position at my Oil and Gas client's site in Surrey, the candidate must present evidence of the following:
- The candidate must possess excellent communication skills and be comfortable working with business teams (and app end users) as and when required.
- The mobile applications team manages a variety of apps in various frameworks, as such, the candidate should be reasonably comfortable working in/learning different codebases.
- Must have experience and be comfortable working in fast paced, Agile (Scrum & Kanban), cross-functional delivery teams
- Must be proficient in Flutter and specialise in Android or iOS (Java for Android or Swift for iOS).
- Some full-stack experience and be proficient in REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Some Azure/AWS knowledge would also be beneficial as well as a keenness to learn new technologies and frameworks.
Receive a competitive rate up to £350-400 p/d Inside IR35 for a 12-month contract with the opportunity for Hybrid working. The role requires you to be in the office 2 days per week.